Slot Cars!

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I hate our pit spaces there about 2 foot wide and 2 1/2 foot deep. They are annoying most the time find my stuff spilling over to the peoples pit spaces on both sides of me. Some times they decide to use my crap. with the new area we moved the track its getting busier too. I just wish it was tuesday, damnit, I have a problem, don't I :lol:
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:I hate our pit spaces there about 2 foot wide and 2 1/2 foot deep. They are annoying most the time find my stuff spilling over to the peoples pit spaces on both sides of me. Some times they decide to use my crap. with the new area we moved the track its getting busier too. I just wish it was tuesday, damnit, I have a problem, don't I :lol:
You don't have it as bad as I did. I used to hit the track 5-6-7 days a week. And I took a bus.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Oh, I just can't stand it I've dropped the other crap so I'm racing Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Only thing I'm still doing is racing PB's, I couldn't really afford RC racing anyway.
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Shaun wrote:
I couldn't really afford RC racing anyway
Maybe you can do like the 1/1 scale racers have done for years, get sponcers. It's not that hard, just badger everyone you know and convince them to hit up friends and families business'. the business can write it off their taxes as advertising. None of my friends (or me for that matter) can afford our cars...we have just become good beggars.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Yeah. My sister will do that with PB stuff when I need it also do a lot of shit for here all the time and especially since they are remodeling their house. Apperently I'm sponsored by a hair salon :( . Why wont my family ever do anything cool, like a hobby shop or autoparts store. I really actually enjoy racing slot cars more is the thing, and I do a lot of RC crawling.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

There have been drivers sponsered by the manufaturers. They are usually the best of the best. There is a reason they made a winged class called Group 7. It is the fastest class for the road racing side.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Not sure what the group cars that were running a couple nights ago but is they got loose they would pretty much come off the track and slide down the straight.[/code]
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

You should have asked.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hey Shaun you need one of these then you wouldn't have to travel to the track as often, http://technabob.com/blog/2006/11/17/th ... ace-track/
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

That is really cool. But $700, heh, I could set up a pretty cool track for that. Guess I would be able to take it into the bathroom with me though...........
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If you can find an old Micro Machines slot car track you could make one, the cars were about the size of a quarter. In fact if anyone has a set, or even just the cars I'd be willing to talk sale or trade.

Or maybe this would be better:

And just for the pure hell of it:

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOu0P1OqgTU[/YouTube][/img]
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I now found something cooler than the other things I have found.
http://www.jkproducts.com/proddetail.as ... Box&cat=40

I wouldn't get the yellow and black though, lol.

I'll post a about the little bad ass I bought at the track later, right now I'm way to tired.
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

First the Little BadAss. I also decided to name it Little BadAss.

Sprints Plus sprint kit
Slick 7 High RPM mini motor.
reinforced chassis.
tuned.
9/33 gears, I chose easy to learn to drive, thats no longer fun, I wanna go fast now!

This is the motor that came in the sprint when I got it, it was illegal at the track so I put it in my drag car its a 16d.

Good 'ol FCR, I really think the front clip is about to fall off.

And the Mustang, thanks for making the decals Tana.

The fleet, all my cars and I run 'em all.

Sorry for picture quality.
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Photographer came from the paper. Here are some of the picture he took. http://www.boeboi.com/gallery/3440882#P-1-15
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

That blue track, I recognise the shape. It looks like an american king. Little too banked for my taste but it look's a king. I wish there was a shot of the entire track.