Other Hobby Boat Building

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Other Hobby Boat Building

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I have built many a model in my time but this is my first all wood ship or boat model. I think the steam ships are so cool looking and so this one had to be my first.

I have been working just about every night on this thing now and I have all the decks on and the pilothouse finished I just need to attach it (its just sitting there right now). After I get the details done on the decks then the real work begins.

I have yet to Rig the lines for the smokestacks and the steam stacks, then I have the poles and front rigging for the flag and gangplank supports that’s not going to be simple.

This is just a static model but it’s getting me ready for my wood RC boat. I bought a 2-foot RC wood boat model off of eBay and it’s a fishing trawler. I will have to build it from the ground up and it even has planking on the sides. The cool thing is its combining my to favorite things boats and RC! :grin:

Ok now for some more pictures:

Detail of pilothouse it has a little captain in it with a big wheel (sorry its real small so hard to see.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: