Tomy i-Sobot 6.5inch Robot (it OWNS Robosapien)

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Namuna
bitPimp

Tomy i-Sobot 6.5inch Robot (it OWNS Robosapien)

Post by Namuna »

Got my i-Sobot the other day and I'm damned impressed.

This is a quality product throughout:
- It's only 6.5inches tall (that's only a little longer than a pen), but it feels solid and well assembled...Not plasticy and toyish like a Robosapien.
- Comes with 3xAAA Eneloop NIMH batteries AND an Enerloop charger. For those not familiar, Eneloops have a seriously long shelf-life. Something to the effect of holding 85% of its' charge after a YEAR of non use!...
- Built-in Mic (for the voice recognition mode)
- Gyro (so it can stand on 1 foot, or do kicks and such)

Here's a page dedicated to the i-Sobot with lots of vids:
http://www.robots-dreams.com/isobot/

Pretty damned sweet Robot man.

Post by payaso »

Those things are soooo sweet. I can remember when it looked like light years before they'd be reasonably priced...

Cool score.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Too cool!! I noticed it seems to have microservos. Are those standard, like I could upgrade them with ones from a hobby shop?

The price is a bit much for me though. I want to get a big nitro powered RC monster truck, I don't want to have to choose, but that little robot does look mighty tempting. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:Too cool!! I noticed it seems to have microservos. Are those standard, like I could upgrade them with ones from a hobby shop?

The price is a bit much for me though. I want to get a big nitro powered RC monster truck, I don't want to have to choose, but that little robot does look mighty tempting. :???:
Regular R/C servos have a 180 degree throw, while the ones they are using have a 360 degree deal...lol

On a side note,I'll make you a sweet deal on my Revo

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein