What car would you like to see? Ill mold it and produce it.

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Morgan Aero
Mosler MT900
Noble M12
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Maserati MC12 Corsa:

De Tomaso Pantera:

70 to 73 Camaro: :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

A dirt Late Model would be cool:

or this guy with wheels: :?

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

SHAUN wrote:1969 Hurst/Olds
Sounds good...
SHAUN wrote:And I can't believe no one has said it yet! 78 Trans Am WS6/W72
I haven't, because I have one on a Mini-Z.....built by Kingcobra from over at scale4x4. I got it in a trade.....these are his pics too, btw

Don't take this the wrong way, and no offense to you, Sporttracguy, I do understand about the fact that you have to have something to make a mold from, but honestly....
If it is something I could pick up as a Static model locally, then I would have to decline buying one. But I will get a body of a rare vehicle if you find something.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

ibjamn wrote: Older Land Rovers?

:-o
:-o :-o :-o :-o
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Don't take this the wrong way, and no offense to you, Sporttracguy, I do understand about the fact that you have to have something to make a mold from, but honestly....
If it is something I could pick up as a Static model locally, then I would have to decline buying one. But I will get a body of a rare vehicle if you find something.
no offense at all but here is my take on this and why i am offering these bodies
:
If you only want to display the car on your trophy shelf then by all means take a model, put it together and stick it on your stock xmod but if you are like most of the pimps on this site... you want to drive your car. I dont know about the rest of you guys but if you are like me you have tried to take your modified xmod and stuck a "model" body on it you only get about three corners before a spectacular death roll full of flying plastic and wasted time. Models put together with CA were never meant to go 30mph down the street, they were meant to sit on a shelf and look pretty. If you only want these bodies so they can look pretty on your desk then go buy a model.

A second point is mounting the body: mounting a model body to an xmod (or any other r/c car) is no easy task if you want it to survive any sort of driving abuse. Im sure that most of you have tried Velcro or plastic shims or CA or who knows what only to have it fail half way through your driving pleasure...nothing worse than cutting your drive short because your body wouldnt stay on in a crash. mine are designed to be plug and play, open the box from me, paint it, screw in the plastic xmod clip, and stick it on your car like any other stock xmod body.

My bodies are build like this:
I first find a model kit that fits a stock setting on the xmod. Next i build the model and then build up a thickness with oil based clay(a stock model kit is just too thin for any driving abuse) I also mold in the body mounts so that all you have to do is screw in the rear plastic xmod clip and mount the front tab on the car and you are ready to go(just like a stock xmod body) Then i mold the body using silicone and when the mold is done i use a durable liquid plastic to cast the car in.

anyways, thats the skinny on the car bodies..please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
STG
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Durable liquid plastic? Alumalite? It's tough stuff! :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

STG, that explains a lot more of the variables that I was wondering.
True; a static model will not hold up to a little abuse. Although, I did take that Firebird for a spin after I got it and some sort of interference caused it to slam into the concrete curb. It survived, only a couple of knicks - but I haven't even turned ot on since then. :lol:
True; a static model is harder and more complex to mount to the Xmods.

Basically, I agree with ya on those points, and if the bodies end up being as good as you say they are.... then it will be an excellent value.
:-o

........ just don't get mad if I paint it all pretty and I don't drive it... :-D
TheMechanic54
bitThug

Post by TheMechanic54 »

I'll put my 2 cents in for early MOPAR cars especially a 3rd generation 'CUDA
"I know you believe you understand what you think I
said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard
is not what I meant."
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

nice. love that 911 :-o