Evo Hummer Offroad Help?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
armpit

Evo Hummer Offroad Help?

Post by armpit »

Hey guys, I'm new to the RC world and have been looking at your mods and custom work in 1:28 and smaller rides for almost a year. In doing this, I have been overly inspired. I've collected many zips, bits, and the various clones and have slowly started different projects based around what I've seen from you people. My problem is finishing one before putting it aside to start another.
I have searched around for info but tend to get sidetracked on different tips and mods. I got a Hummer a few months back from an ebay member that has the offroad upgrade and 4x4 installed. In being new and ignorant to any RC stuff, I managed to mangle a front long axle stub because no matter what I did, that wheel would not come off. I want this Hummer as an offroader to kind of bash around inside or out. I'll cut to the chase now and just ask my question. I want to limit the rolling over potential that this thing has and I got ideas from your posts but I couldn't find the mod on wide axles. Should I buy the replacement front long stub? Buy that 9mm wide axle kit that I see at another site? I have no other extra stubs so I can't just CA glue some on. Is their a cheaper way than the $18 9mm kit?
Also, I see at that site that the offroad dogbones are orange. Mine are all gray. I don't really know where to start but I learn fast. Any help in the right direction would be great. If I forgot any key info on what I have or want to accomplish with this thing, sorry.

P.S. since I mangled a wheel as well, I have modded what I think were the stock Hummer wheels so that they fit the offroad BFG Mud-Terrain tires.