Xmods Part Numbers

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

midget_man1387 wrote:i got another question, but i think it needs a new reply...

any word on some other bodies maybe?? I'd love to see some oldschool bodies in these!
No old school bodies YET but these are the same scale as a model kit. I have a few covette models that will be test fit on that thing when I get one.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Seeing as the scale is somewhat on spot at 1/28 (?) FInding bodies to fit shouldn't be tough. I'm allready looking at kyosho bodies for candidates. :-)
I'm gonna need to do some reading up at the miniz forums. See if I can't learn something.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Check out this stuff. They're Mini-Zs, but you get the idea.

http://www.stefanoparis.com/crx/miniz/miniz.html
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Here's some shots I took of the RSX Kit I bought (with Body Kit mods).

http://tinyrc.com/lincoln/Worlds/MicroR ... /index.htm
Last edited by Namuna on Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Geez, Namuna, ya almost gave me a heart attack. That's RSX.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Here's the track I'm goin to tomorrow to open this skyline up and really see what she can do.

http://www.miniraceway.com/track/Dimentions.html

They'll probably think I'm a chump, cuase I'm a newbie, so I'll be bringing me along a bit. :lol:
This is one of the major negatives of the xmods for me. They are too big. I gotta go a couple of miles or to a mall or the skatepark inorder to really enjoy this car. Whereas my bits and zips get played with anywhere and everywhere.
Of course if by spring I get this puppy offroading then I'll be all good. :???:
Micro s2000
bitThug

Post by Micro s2000 »

mine drives well in the street if you want to give that a try

(i just got mine today and love it even though its stock)

it would be funny if they think your some punk noob and your xmod smokes the mini z, that would make my day to do that
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

sessiz wrote:Here's the track I'm goin to tomorrow...
:shock: :shock: :shock:

:bowdown: :-D :D :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:cool:
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Someone can try fitting Overland suspension. Cuz I was thinking the same thing.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

cj wrote:
midget_man1387 wrote:i got another question, but i think it needs a new reply...

any word on some other bodies maybe?? I'd love to see some oldschool bodies in these!
No old school bodies YET but these are the same scale as a model kit. I have a few covette models that will be test fit on that thing when I get one.
sounds great... how are these bodies mounted on the chassis?? I've got an 85 monte carlo SS that would look SWEET!!

oh yeah, and another question for you sess: How's the range??
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I haven't really put the range to a test yet, but I easily get 20ft.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

sweet..I may be getting one today!! i'll see if i can borry $20 from my dad... i only got 30... I'm sure they're good enough stock!
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Welp, I couldn't wait any longer for reviews once I knew a RadioShack across town had 'em in stock. Picked up a red Supra and a white Supra for SuperFly and myself last night. Right outta the box, I'm shocked at what you get for $50. The thing drives great and it's pretty damn fast stock... probably about like a dual-celled bit.

There are some things I hadn't read about (I'm sure they've been said already), like you can adjust the battery boxes fwd and bkwd to adjust the weight distribution. Also, there are tie rods to adjust toe-in and toe-out, and a million other cool features.

The controller does seem a bit a little bit wussy, but I love the way feels... I instantly felt comfortable driving the car. I'll just be careful not to drop it cuz I don't think it will handle that too many times.

Anyway, most of this has already been said, so I'll stop rehashing... the main thing for me is that this car could have been $100 and I would have felt like I got a badass car for the money. Tonight, we'll race in a half-empty 50x100 ft. room with a smooth painted floor and I can't fuckin' wait! :D
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

hue35 wrote:Tonight, we'll race in a half-empty 50x100 ft. room with a smooth painted floor and I can't fuckin' wait! :D

where the hell is this??? you lucky man!!! lol.... I think once i get one I'll have to rip it up in my church gym!!! baller!
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I screwed something up, not sure what though. My car now only gets about 10ft at best worth of range. Could a bent car anttena have that much of an effect on the range? :???:
It got a lil twisted after a tumble off of mycar seat on the way to the track. I tried straightening it out but meh.
I got spanked at the track by a kid that looks like he's homeschooled and don't get out to much.
He said that the miniz he had was bone stock, and it took the xmod pretty easy. I'm not totaly sure that I got spanked that easy though, becuase of the range problem I'm having the car would start to stutter half way down the track.
The owner of the place was being a lil assy I thought. I also saw him coming back to the track with a big RS bag. I wonder what he had up in there. :???: :lol:

Anywho, here's some pics. :-)