Xmods VS. Mini Z

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
sessiz
bitPimp

Xmods VS. Mini Z

Post by sessiz »

This aint about which car is better, I hate that shit. This is about me spanking and getting spanked by mini z cars. I went to the local miniz tracks yesterday and got my balls handed to me. I was having a serious range issue, still don't know exactly why. I took the car back to RS and exchanged it for a chassis with the same freq and now get well over 50ft. With my new chassis in hand I went back to the miniz tracks.

Xmod setup... Awd, soft front suspension, stock rear, 3.0 10tooth motor and some slicks (came to find out they were the hard slicks).
When I first got there there were maybe 4 dudes. 1 guy was middle aged the other guys were about my age and homeschool boy (who will be refered to as HSboy from now on) was there again. I paid my $5 track fee to the lady at the counter and she welcomed me back with a smirk (Shoulda smacked her, but I think she's the owners wife and I wanna keep using the track). HSboy came up not 2 seconds after I walk away from the counter and says hi. I put my car on the street course and freakin zoooom. The homeschool boy after watching me for a few laps says "wow" :lol: After about 3 laps I had everyone watching the car. One guy went and picked her up and was like "Is this that new RS car?" like he couldn't tell from my freakin TX.
This story is getting real long so I'm gonna cut to the chase, literally.
None of the stock mini Zs kept up to me (2). One guy with a uber hopped up car was spankin me good but when I asked him how much he's got into the car he said he stoped counting at $200. I got to take a look at the insides and it looked like a freakin monster ( a gay monster, it was all purple and shit). I picked up some metal mini z lug nuts and I can say that the wheels are now on there much tighter, no slippage or wobble of the rim. I also don't gotta worry about stripping the freakin nut.
Moral of the story,
Xmods are a good car worthy of comaparason to the mini Z. The xmods are still babies but I know that with a lil love they'll be competing. I also didn't see where all them steering steps would come in handy. I did slide around alot, drifted like a mutha (it was sweet) but I totaly attribute that to the lack of grip I was getting. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Well thanks for the update

But all you did was make me want one even more lol
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Thank you,

This really puts my mind at ease :lol: . As we speak I have my cousin in the states on X-mod patrol :cool:
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

alls i gotta say is you rock sess! :rockon:
puttin' HSboy in his place, and wipin' up the floor with the owners wife... oh wait you didn't do that last part :oops:
that's aight, ya did good son... ya did good

-word
:rockon:
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

She'll get hers!!!! :lol:
I just love the look on the faces of these cats that saw a "toy" not only keep up but zoom on past. :eek:

This banked track is insane.

sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Before I start ranting, I'll go get me another beer and just say that I'll dump a G into my xmod before I spend a cent on a mini Z. :-)
I have to add to the first post here by saying I wasn't spanking anyone with a miniz to the point where I could literaly say I was leaping stretches ahead but I was passing and ahead of them "stock" cars. I saw what had to be tuned and next time I go I will be all geared up. I'm bringing everything and making freakin adjustments on the spot.
I gotta get me a big ole fishermans tool/tackle box thingamabob like they had..... :lol:
Awww hell I'm just bringing a bit and see what they can do with them microsizers they got laying around. :cool:
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

Hey Sessiz next time you go to the Mini-Z track check and see if you can use the GPM Alloy Battery Heat Sink that works on the mini-z on the xmod.
micromatch
bitGangsta'

Post by micromatch »

i tihnk id rather have an xmods than a mini-z the xmods sound like there mutch better stock and mutch chaper
is this thing on?
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

you can get the radioshack chapstick
I AM
bitThug

Post by I AM »

Do the DAMN THANG ya big ol pimp! Ya came back like a champ and dished as well as you took it the first time. Lost the evil bay auction but thats a good thing....ill be getting an XMOD instead of the Epoch.
"Most of my life is a constant struggle with inanimate objects."
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

I'll post some internal pictures of the Xmod, but can someone else post some pictures of the Z ?