Let's stop all the X - Z arguments...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Let's stop all the X - Z arguments...

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I have never seen any of the two in real life, but, I have been tracking all the posts so far.

X-mods : If they are slow and "crappy" that's cuz they are new. Bits started with 1.0 motors remember.

Mini-Z : Have been around for a while and are EXPECTED to be better. If not , the xmod would me a really REVOLUTIONARY product.

It's not about price, speed or anything like that.

Thers arguments are based on Aligiances and lack of patience.

Thanx for spending the time to read my opinion.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

keep your options to your self...

Just kidding...

without the Pros and the Cons...how does one know if it's worth the $$?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I do think MA makes a good point: if we judged Bits by, say, a stock MS Sport out of the box with a 1.6 motor and medium tires all around, we wouldn't think it was that great either.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Ahhh, the memories. This reminds of about a year ago when zips first came out and everyone with a bit char was eager to put them down. they are slow and don't look right. Somethings change some don't. I will be happy if the miniz community does or doesn't accept my car (xmod). I plan on having fun with it regardless.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

I'm with you sessiz. I've never owned a mini-z, so I don't know what I'm missing out on. I'm having a blast with my xmod anyway. If you put 2 stock Microsizers next to a stock xmod and realize that each cost roughly the same, you see what a good deal it is for what you get.
Micro s2000
bitThug

Post by Micro s2000 »

the ms i bought my brother for his birthday was 40 bucks, when i put those 2 next to eachother roughly the same price you really realize what a deal it is
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

SuperFly wrote:I'm with you sessiz. I've never owned a mini-z, so I don't know what I'm missing out on. I'm having a blast with my xmod anyway. If you put 2 stock Microsizers next to a stock xmod and realize that each cost roughly the same, you see what a good deal it is for what you get.
Well from what I've been told the mini z has a better steering servo (I'm okay with the xmods 16steps) and faster motors. The mini z's have also been out for what like 2-3 years now (not sure of that). They better be up to speed by now and especially for what they ask as a base price. I really wasn't expecting as much as I got from the xmod so I'm friggen happy with it. I know that if I had gotten a mini z and that mutha wasn't fast as all hell and handled like buttah I would be pissed. With the xmod I can be more forgiving and I also have the added bonus of getting it to to the point where it can contend with mini z cars. :lol:
In the end, just like with bits and zips, it's alot better for both groups to cooperate than to be negative and clannish. I truely and honestly would hate if all the people that got xmods for christmas or whatever were put down or told they got an inferior product. Wtf does that serve.
I'm in it for fun, if I wanted to compete I'ld play some football. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

sessiz wrote:In the end, just like with bits and zips, it's alot better for both groups to cooperate than to be negative and clannish.
wise words my friend.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

It is not what you drive it's how you drive it.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

cj wrote:It is not what you drive it's how you drive it.
And I've nearly perfected the driving style of never letting my foot off the gas. :grin:
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

SuperFly wrote:
And I've nearly perfected the driving style of never letting my foot off the gas. :grin:
Remind me never be in a corner with you.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

cj wrote:
SuperFly wrote:
Remind me never be in a corner with you.

He really does his real car (a badass-mobile at that) the same way. He's got a good tire blow out story about cornering too fast 8-). I know a few people who would rather not be a passenger in SuperFly's car... personally, I dig the shit out of it... I get the rush, he gets the ticket :wobble:
GhettoFiedRacing
bitThug

Post by GhettoFiedRacing »

Y cant everYone see that there is onlY one tinY letter seperating these totallY kool and flY 'toYs' from each other. Kidding aside i think that they r both kool and its not like they are THAT different IMO.
Big Gs runnin down my Eclipse
homestarrunner.com represent
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

I think Ses has summed it up for me to.
I dont have a mini-z, and wanted the Prop steering.
Into it for the fun. (since my biggiest comp is my 3yr old.)
My painting skills suck at 1/64 scale...maybe I've got a chance at a bigger pile of plastic.

I like the independent suspension, differentional rear end, it's a neat car.

-nox
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya. one of these is cooler than two ses.