Ahh5hit's Customized Skyline

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Ahh5hit's Customized Skyline

Post by Ahh5hit »

My first custom paint job on an Xmod...

I painted the yellow Skyline with Tamiya Gunmetal.

Fully upgraded, extra's include aluminum wheel locknuts, extra running lights, custom made aluminum skid plate, and I lowered the "Wild" spoiler.

Last edited by Ahh5hit on Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

sweet man. looks super clean and smoove!

love how the details turn out on the larger scale.

great job dude.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Damn dude that shits HOT !!!!!
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
Micro s2000
bitThug

Post by Micro s2000 »

wow very nice. i dont think i could handle haveing a car that amazing. i'd flip it or break part of the body. i think i would cry. :sad:
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

Micro s2000 wrote:wow very nice. i dont think i could handle haveing a car that amazing. i'd flip it or break part of the body. i think i would cry. :sad:
Thanks pimps. Yeah, this one will probably never see the light of day outside, not even the tennis courts. I'll save this one for those rainy days on the High School or American Family Gym floors (which makes the skid plate useless, but oh well). ;)
Micro s2000
bitThug

Post by Micro s2000 »

throw the skid plate on one of your many others
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

That's really nice, Ahh5hit. The detailing is so nice on the Xmod body kits, I haven't had the guts to start masking and painting. You did an excellent job, great color choice, too. What did you use for the extra running lights, a light set from TE?

I've been racing my Supra hard, and it shows. I hope they start selling complete bodies soon. While these bodies are tough as hell, after 2 sessions of hard driving my headlights are cracked and I've got all kinds of battle scars on the stock body. I'm guessing I have about 2-3 more sessions before something major breaks. I promised myself to only get one Xmod, so I don't have the luxury of having a looker and a driver. But, If I had and extra body, I could have one to pimp out and the other for kicking ass.
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

I used the headlights from a second light kit for the running lights and just spliced them. I have my Normal yellow Skyline that I drive up at the tennis courts, that's my beat em' up car. All the others are indoors only right now.

I do hope they sell just the bodies evenbtually, cuz it's gonna get expensive to buy whole kits just to do custom bod mods.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

the only damage ihave from two 40minute sessions is a little chipping on the front bumper. that skid plate is great. can you do a tutorial?
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

hogjowlz wrote:the only damage ihave from two 40minute sessions is a little chipping on the front bumper. that skid plate is great. can you do a tutorial?
Sure....I want to make a couple more for my other cars, so when I go get some more aluminum either tomorrow or Tues. I will do a tutorial with pics. I may make one that extends in front of the body itself too.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Ahh5hit wrote:
hogjowlz wrote:the only damage ihave from two 40minute sessions is a little chipping on the front bumper. that skid plate is great. can you do a tutorial?
Sure....I want to make a couple more for my other cars, so when I go get some more aluminum either tomorrow or Tues. I will do a tutorial with pics. I may make one that extends in front of the body itself too.
Sounds cool and the one that will extend sounds like a good idea. I was surprised that they didn't some with one as I have seen on some cars you can get little bumpers that stick out just past the body to help protect them alittle more.
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Added disc brakes.

Post by Ahh5hit »

Using the brakes/calipers that came with the XS Tuning wheels I put on my RSX, I used them to install on my Gunmetal Skyline. I shaved the backs of them down flat. I drill the center holes out a little larger than the axle pins to allow them to rotate thru the brakes.I then painted the calipers red. I glued them to outer edge of bearing housings, not to interfere with the beartings. This allows the calipers to stay stationary when the wheels are rotating.

The brakes have a center cup that the wheels fit very nicely into. Adding these only pushed my wheels out less than a 1/16" and still left plenty of thread to mount the wheels.

VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Dude do you ever stop lol nice fucking work there man :)
Ahh5hit
bitGangsta'

Post by Ahh5hit »

VooDooMafia wrote:Dude do you ever stop lol nice fucking work there man :)
Heh....only when the Tylenol PM kick in. Thanks!
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I'm loving the discs on them wheels. I gotta go do some shopping tomorrow. :-D
Yeah that skid plate is nice, I got a big sheet of solder tin sitting around somewhere. I dunno if it's strong enough for the bumper though :???:
Great job as usual ahh5hit.
Keep them ideas coming. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!