radio shack return = surprisingly not retarded

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

radio shack return = surprisingly not retarded

Post by hogjowlz »

well i finally returned my xmod with the unthreaded axle(it was starting to strip the gears out) and didnt have the reciept and they still exchanged it. word up.

so i got the stage 2 motors but i only got one set o batteries on me so i gota let the charge finish to see how much of a difference it makes. damnit someone figure out fusion.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

that was nice of them....also knowing you can't buy the product anywhere else.

now - a - days, I don't know a RS that's not carrying at least a part or two.
(just ready for that X-mass rush). (timing...ya gotta love it).

and now how's the replacement....better quality? did you get the same car?

-nox
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i originally had the accura now i got the white supra. mechanically both are/were sound other than the accura having one axle that wasnt threaded.

i got the stage 2 motors and wowee. the blue gear 6:1 gave me the strangest problem. tire expansion!!! such a problem that the tires kept falling off. so i put the white gear on and its not as bad. haha
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

hogjowlz wrote:i originally had the accura now i got the white supra. mechanically both are/were sound other than the accura having one axle that wasnt threaded.

i got the stage 2 motors and wowee. the blue gear 6:1 gave me the strangest problem. tire expansion!!! such a problem that the tires kept falling off. so i put the white gear on and its not as bad. haha
We started gluing the tires on, and man does it make a big difference. It's nice to have all that torque.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya i may do that. i tried the double sided stuff that comes with the foam tires but it didnt hold.

what kind of glue did you use?
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

We tried this Elmers adhesive first... kinda like a clear silicone and smells like vinegar. It worked great for a few runs and broke loose. I tried Shoe Goo next and it works better, but it looks like I got tires from the fuckin' junkyard. crazydave was talkin' about using super glue on his 1/10 scale stuff, so that's what I'm gonna use after I wear out this set.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sponsered, professional, 1/10th scale offroad racers use super glue to glue their tires, even in the nitro class. I'm tellin' ya, you can't go wrong. Just get some medium, to heavy grade CA from your LHS, and you're set.

I just got my stage 2, and only tried the 8-tooth motor. That's kinda a bummer to hear I'm gonna have to glue my tires if I go faster. I like the softs for slick tile, and a stock/hard combo for asphalt. If I glue 'em, I'm gonna have to pick one or the other. Guess I'm gonna have to buy that wheel set for more than just looks. There goes another 10 bucks :roll:

Cabo, you wanted us to keep a tally of what we spend. I'm up to a 100 bucks, with no end in sight.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

just as long as little davey hasn't had to cut back on the snack packs so dad can get a wheel set lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CaboWabo wrote:just as long as little davey hasn't had to cut back on the snack packs so dad can get a wheel set lol
If you're talkin' about 'Lil Joe, doncha worry none about him. He taken care of plenty. That's why I had to wait 3 weeks after I got my Xmod before i could get the rechargable batteries. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i busted out my testors glue last night. its a little gummier than superglue and seems to keep them on a lot better.
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

Sorry to bring up an old topic but,

if i took my evo stang back would they exchange it?

i have had it for a few years and i don't have the reciept
but it has a f'd up servo and a cracked front end, (not the gearbox cover the other piece that holds the servo)

and it's just worn out.

i don't wanna go buy some other car (frankly i don't have 25 bucks)

but i would like to know before my store runs out of cars to trade or buy if worst comes to worst.
frizzen is a friend of mine
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hey Jordan, see if this is the broken piece:http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/XMOD ... 10493.aspx

they have all the other pieces(.99cents each) and the servo motor($4.99). They also stock most other parts cheap. It should be an easy fix.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

Thank you sidewinder! :-D

I can't thank you enough!

:-)

P.S. i found an old cobra mustang body for "ma 'stang"

It's in living large i think?

anyways tell me what you think.

Thanks again!

:-)
frizzen is a friend of mine