kicking my xmod up a notch

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

betty.k wrote:hey, who remembers this?
I do, and it looks like you're having some fun there. :)
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

nah, I fucked it with my new mr02.

it's so funny now. my mr02 hasn't busted anything yet. and then yesterday I take out "the brick"

haha...

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yup it's true!! an mro2 took my "pitbull" to the wreckers! :shock:

well it aint that bad, snapped a front awd axle. but it's certainly a turn of events!

now i think about it, all i've broken on this xmod is this axle and a plastic motor mount. not bad considering how hard i am on my shit :cool:
i used to be cool
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Bringing this old thread BACK into circulation. I need some help on a board swap.

Image<-- Click for hi-res version

I think I have it wored up correctly, but for some reason my iWaver Tx isn't turning the servo. I decided to wire it up and test before I put it in my WRX. Luckily I had a spare EP knocking around, no Xmods were hurt in the taking of this picture :lol:.

I have no fancy electrical tools, I know the batts that I put in were good, freshly charged. But still the Tx won't turn the servo.

Help :sad:
Maxx
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well if the top right wires are going to the pot and the bottom right wires are going to the servo motor then it looks right to me. :-o

maybe the servo motor is dead?
i used to be cool
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

betty.k wrote:well if the top right wires are going to the pot and the bottom right wires are going to the servo motor then it looks right to me. :-o

maybe the servo motor is dead?
Nan, I know for sure that the servo works. maybe a dead board?
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

well, that would explain everything... can the board turn the motor?
Greyscale Racing
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

color0 wrote:well, that would explain everything... can the board turn the motor?
I didn't even hook up the motor. I just wanted to do the steering before I instaled the whole thing in my WRX. The servo didn't even center when I put the batteries in.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Apply voltage and current to right testicle then perform motor skills opp. test.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

LBRC wrote:Apply voltage and current to right testicle then perform motor skills opp. test.
Ber?
Please put that it a thrid world language, all I saw was testicle, and that aint cool.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Translation: If while soldering on your (+) battery lead you also solder it to the output off your right FET in addition to the Vcc (+) pad nothing would work quite like it should, ouch! Reference Bill the Cat back in the day.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

LBRC wrote:Translation: If while soldering on your (+) battery lead to the output off your right FET in addition to the pad on the circuit board nothing would work quite like it should, ouch! Reference Bill the Cat back in the day.
So what you're saying is that the solder blob is touching the FET leg and it won't work cuz of that?
I'm on it. you've already logged off, but I'll report back later.
Would I have damaged the board by doing this?
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

That’s a little hard to say maybe, maybe not. But I’m also worried about this little blob of solder here too. I believe the component who’s leg may, or may not, accidentally be soldered to the left FET output is L1, if so and you push the throttle forward applying a positive voltage to that inductor it will definitely fry, that’s bad, potentially much worse than the previously mentioned problem.