2 Brushless Xmods...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
chrome
bitNinja

Re: What Servo?

Post by chrome »

honda_s2000 wrote:
trekbikedude wrote:Mind my ignorance but I would like to put hobby grade electronics in my evo. What servo/reciever did you use? I am thinking of using an associated quantam in my evo. But I am not sure how to configure the servo to make it steer properly. Xmods seem to make a good rolling chassis when they are all gpm'd up.
Can I dig up a 2 year old thread too ? :?
If you ask a well written and relevant question, sure go ahead. Yes the thread is old, but that seems like an intelligent question to me.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

I do agree, yet, better still, he could of created a new thread much easier. And besides, I'm sure the same question has been answered lots on lots of forums, I can personally say it's one of the top 20 questions asked about xmods, along with "will a 6th cell fry my xmod" and "can I use a hobby grade TX"

A little searching will get you your answer.

As for the question, yea, it can be done, I used a cheap micro servo (can't remember the brand) along with a Venom Mini Giant RX/ESC combo,though you'd be better off using a MR-01 board, with a servo wired in. :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Re: What Servo?

Post by viperdout »

trekbikedude wrote:Mind my ignorance but I would like to put hobby grade electronics in my evo. What servo/reciever did you use? I am thinking of using an associated quantam in my evo. But I am not sure how to configure the servo to make it steer properly. Xmods seem to make a good rolling chassis when they are all gpm'd up.
While you did bring a really old thread up, at least you used decent punctuation/spelling (quantum and receiver are spelled wrong), so I guess I'll answer it.

With the receiver, I'd recommend going with a stock AE RC18T receiver. It's cheap, works decently, and is compact. If you do not have a hobby-grade radio, you will need one. As far as the ESC goes, I'd recommend the Novak Spy ESC or the Novak Micro GT ESC, because both are very small, and every millimeter counts. As far as servos go, you will have a tough time due to the intergrated servo on the evo's frame. If you do design a way to get by it, use a hitec HS50 servo.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i for one am happy to see old threads dragged up.

it shows that someone's done their research and it saves us having multiple threads about the same thing :-o
i used to be cool