Resistor steering mod more in depth

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Resistor steering mod more in depth

Post by stampede_dude »

well, my cars steering was chattering, and by searching i found a topic where someone had used a 'steering mod' to increase the tight turns on there car. i though that my steering was already whacked up, so what could i do, and i did the mod, and it fixed all my problems, including chattering!heres a step by step:

1. remove motor, rear deck, front deck, and the servo screw and put them where you can find them.
2. remove servo. take the 2 screws off the back cover where the POT is located, and strip the shrink off the brown and orange wires, but do not disconnect them yet.
now, taking your two resistors and heat shrink, one at a time connect a resistor to each of the wires. heat shrink the resistor and connections. its ok if its not convering the part with the pot prongs, mine isnt either, just make sure when you assemble your car that nothing is touching.

4. reassemble your car.

the colors for the 4.7 k resistor are yellow, purple, red if anyone didnt know or wanted to know. many people along with me believe that the 4.7 k resistors are the best, but others have used from 3.3 to 10 k ohms.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

man, i know you went to some trouble to do that but it's not really good enough. the pics are way too small and blurry :-?
i used to be cool
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Well the explanation was pretty good, but i already have done it so maybe its because i already knew what to do. The pictures don't really show anything but an xmod laying on a desk. The thing that is good is that you included the colour of the resistor and type. Alot of people say 4.7 or 3.3, the 4.7 is if you do surface mount because it removes the first resistor, and 3.3 is for inline.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

sorry betty, i shrinked em too much. ill get back to you later with some bigger pics if i can.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Anybody still have the pics for this thread?
footballarms

Post by footballarms »

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

footballarms wrote:http://xmodworld.com/modules.php?name=F ... pic&t=6219 All you need is here :D
Thanks for the link and pic.