EVO Mosfet mod

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
ph2t
bitPimp

EVO Mosfet mod

Post by ph2t »

Well I finally installed the new, upgraded EVO mosfets into my EVO chassis. These mosfets are the ones I found to be more efficient than the stock mosfets.

The installation was quite easy, you don't even need to remove the PCB from the chassis, I just removed the top plate and started hacking, lol....

Yes, the stock EVO mosfets are pretty strong, they will handle a lot of hot motors out there. But ultimately, push them enough and they WILL blow. See mine below, I fried them in no time, lol....

Another key ting to note is that the upgraded mosfets are more efficient. This leads to increased current flow and therefore more torque in the motor. More torque = slight increase in speed.

So I got my EVO MOSFET Upgrade pack from ausmicro.com, you can get them here:

http://shop.ausmicro.net/index.php?currency=USD&cPath=25_39

So here's the new 2x2 stack of improved mosfets.

Not a lot to look at I know, but they sure do pack a punch! Notice how on this mosfet stack(side facing the motor terminals) that the 4 legs aren't all soldered together as in the gen1 mosfet stack was. This is due to the mosfets being different in the EVO so you have to be a bit more aware of what you're doing.

The 2x2 stack is a little bit too high to fit the cover on it without a little bit of modding. It's not too bad though. See below.

From the angle shown below you can see that you could possibly fit another level of mosfets onto the stack and get a 3x2 arrangement. The beauty here is that the 3rd mosfet will most likely make contact with the motor terminal connnectors and this will in turn help the mosfets keep their cool.

It's shit's me that I trashed so early, i had like for like 20 seconds on the pavement when it went boof! fuck! :shock:

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

These things are crazy and the must blow away with speed. You just inspired me man.

Buying an X mod tomorrow...350z or vette....or even both.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

MafiaS wrote:These things are crazy and the must blow away with speed. You just inspired me man.

Buying an X mod tomorrow...350z or vette....or even both.
But what you see here is the new EVO Xmod
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

I know. It's just the stores right now in Canada have shit all. I just walk in and I see a ton of them but no EVO, so i figure there not worth it, but before seeing this post I read a bit about X mod and i was considering buying one, and some day advancing to an EVO...get it? lol
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

sweet. just ordered a set of those fets from ausmicro this evening.
Cant wait. :-D
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

Would these Single stacked still make a difference?

Also what is the RDS on these vs the Original?
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Single stack may make a slight difference, like with bits, you would need a hot motor to help quantify a difference on a 1x1 stack so to speak.

As for the resistances, here's some info:

cheers man,

ph2t.
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

On the Shop you are not selling both of the best then?

Image Image
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

There's a global shortage on the 7910's, besides the difference is quite small 0.003 Ohms at 4.5V. It's how they compare against the stockers that make 'em worth it....

ph2t.
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

ph2t wrote:There's a global shortage on the 7910's, besides the difference is quite small 0.003 Ohms at 4.5V. It's how they compare against the stockers that make 'em worth it....

ph2t.
I found some 7910's

BTW: What happened to all your post on Atomicemods/Xmods Forum? What since Rob don't sell it you can't post info?
Last edited by cj on Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

rob and his crew are asses. I think ph2t only posts there to stir the puddin'... Hell, they can't even use a reliable forum host.

-JNY
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

cj wrote:BTW: What happened to all your post on Atomicemods/Xmods Forum? What since Rob don't sell it you can't post info?
I don't know the whole story, hell I never visit that site. But I did read his post you linked to.
All I can say is, that's what happens when people are interested in only making money off others.

Sounds like ph2t removed his info because the site doesn't like people to post about other places or sites that might sell the same stuff.
That's a weak-ass rule if I'm reading it correctly.
Though a commonly used rule by the fuckin crooks of the hobby world.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

@cj, whilst the info was already there, I removed it in protest to the bullshit forum rule #1:
#1 No links to products, websites, or forums that are similar to our sponsor's (atomicmods.com).
since my info has a high level of IP about it, I decided to remove it.

So I let them have it......

http://p221.ezboard.com/fxmodrcfrm17.sh ... 2408.topic

To robs credit he responded to me via email and they are looking at changing the rules......

@cj, again, please don't use my thread mate to promote your stuff, lol.... I have done all the development work and crap and whilst I respect ya I would appreciate you pushing your wares in your own threads with your own IP. not meaning to be a taco but I gotta hold my own.

cheers,

ph2t,.
Aaron
bitPlaya'

Post by Aaron »

Looks like those guys need to discover what "take a chill pill" means :)

A.