My beef with the new Xmod EVO is...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Is it just me or is the EVO car chassis NOT adjustable. Does it have a fixed wheelbase? I'm not seeing anyway to change it.
Nah. All you have to do is remove some screws and also remove the spacers to make it smaller and vice versa for the longer wheelbase cars.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

are the spacers that dark grey area between the PCB and the green "motor bay"? It has 3 screws. Is this information covered in the stock manual, cuz if it is, i'll see if I can source one.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Well, heres some pics of the chassis.. hope it helps.

THe holes right above the screws are the ones you move them into when you want to make it shorter.

Thats where the motor should be. This pic has the spacer,

This doesn't

The spacer itself.

And.. the underside
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Why is it that when the EVO motor seems to get hot it starts cutting out periodically?

Has anyone else come across this problem? I just let it cool a little bit then it's fine, but is there a permanant fix for this problem?
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Why is it that when the EVO motor seems to get hot it starts cutting out periodically?

Has anyone else come across this problem? I just let it cool a little bit then it's fine, but is there a permanant fix for this problem?
I've never had any problems with my motor, and I run that thing hot. Is there anything between the motor power connections and the board? If there is, then that's probably why. (such as dirt, hair, etc.)
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

my beef with the new evo is that it's a modular chassis design... fine if the rear was a solid axle, but if i run over a pebble the little rock gets caught in the space between the battery case and the rear gearbox.

aside from that, the chassis is easily tweaked, all it takes is one warped piece of plastic.

plus the diff is going to fall apart any day now.
Greyscale Racing