I'm looking for a good xmod...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
99skyline
bitHood

I'm looking for a good xmod...

Post by 99skyline »

I'm thinking about buying an X-mod but im not sure if they work well or are actually not so good. Some people I have been talking to hate their X-mods and some people really like them. What do you guys think about your X-mods? Thanks for taking your time to read this.
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

This is what I think about my Xmods...

It is a love hate relationship...

They remind me of my 1/10th scale RC, they have a unique design that I feel has plenty of potential. When I look at the thing I never run out of ideas of how to improve it. They take alot of work, and alot of getting used to, and if you know a few things about RC and have the experience they can be fun to fiddle with. Out of the box they are simple toys that some how get the job done, but to make them better takes more than just Radioshack parts. Special modding is most likely the only way to make this a contender on the tracks, as well as the 1/28th scale market.

If you are going to buy an Xmod be prepared to perhaps dump some more monay into it. I am not saying it is a money pit or anything of that sort, rather to get full enjoyment, or satisfaction out of the thing you are going to want to see it push itself a lil more than what is offered.

They are fun to get used to the hobby and a good learning experience...if you want to take the baby steps in 1/28th scale RC, than start with Xmods, but if you want complete satisfaction right from the start I'd say purchase a miniZ....It all depends what you want out of your Xmod.

I like my Xmod, but I loved it when it was no where near stock!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I think you get what you pay for. They are pretty cheap in price compared to hobby grade RCs, and I think you take a hit in quality for that. The weakest link probably being the drive line, and maybe the electronics. I don't really care about the limited steps, but I personally don't care for the controller.

Drawbacks aside, its a fun RC for the money, and with the aftermarket support there's tons of potential. You're only other option in 1/28th really is to investigate into a Mini-Z, which might also be a good idea.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
nascar8
bitHood

Post by nascar8 »

SHAUN wrote:Save your money for a mini z .
Mini-Z is high quality R/C car and I have been told that it's not worth buying unless you plan on doing some Mini-Z racing leauges.

The XMOD EVO is a really nice R/C car. It's still not hobby quality but wait 3 years.
Now I lay me down to sleep, pray the lord my soul to keep, if I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take.
-Metallica-
Breadfan, You got it wrong, Some long time friend's gonna lose it in the end who's a fool
-Metallica-
99skyline
bitHood

price

Post by 99skyline »

I went to www.RadioShack.com and they said that in-storethe older models are $30.00 and the new ones are $60.00 but I went to the actual store and every XMOD is $50.00. So, I didn't get one. But I got another Zip Zap body and a rim/tire pack. It was the 1970 Dodge Challenger.
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Here you go man. I made this comparison for people like yourself. I'll have an Iwaver 02 and a Firelap 2.0 reviewed soon too. Just been busy as hell recently. The preliminary runs with the Iwaver 02 are very similar to the Mini-z MR-02. Much cheaper than a Mini-z too if you're looking to cut costs. The Mini-Z is still top of the line in 1:28 scale racers though.

Look here;http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=7372
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.