My Hooptie

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

My Hooptie

Post by lovedoctor »

Well, RS hooked me again. :-)

I broke down since they brought the EVOs back down to the standard XMODS price.

I got the H2 with the AWD kit and the "Off Road" kit.

How do I attach a photo so I can let you guys see it?

Silla in Manilla :-)

Love Doc

P.S. The 1st gen XMOD body kits are so cheap, I bought the Camaro body kit just for the steering wheel for my H2![/img]
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond
99skyline
bitHood

Post by 99skyline »

Go to http://www.photobucket.com and start an account then upload pics. When posting on here then use the "IMG" if you want it so we dont have to click a link. Hope that helps.
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

You could always try and read some of the posts on the forum and learn how.

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=3209
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Here's da pic

Post by lovedoctor »

Yeah, yeah, I know. Every question anyone could ever ask has already been answered on this website somewhere.

Cut us lazy mugs some slack, B. :-o

Props to the biggun's :cool:

Love doc
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
99skyline
bitHood

Post by 99skyline »

That's pimp.
My Zip Zaps:
2005 Bonspeed Mustang GT
2000 Honda S2000
1999 Nissan Skyline
2004 Hummer H2 SUT
1970 Dodge Challenger
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

Thanks, B.

The decals that come with the EVOs are much better than the 1st gen XMODS. There are flame decals in two tones (white and orange) besides the shameless advertising decals.

They're removable, too. In case you change your mind and think they're pretty lame. :???:

Layta boy-yez,

Love doc
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

I broke down and bought the $20 bearing upgrade. :eek:

The pro's out there can say I could've gotten cheaper, better bearing online--but I said it before and I'll say it again: I hate buying online. :o

Gotta say I'm really impressed. When I changed out the bushings I noticed that there were some "burn" marks on the metal drive shaft. I hope I haven't been tearing up the motor too much. :sad:

Maybe it's just me, but I really feel there was good improvement in performance. It seems like the H2 makes it over obstacles better with the new bearings. Like the reduced friction has given the car a bit more torque.

CrazyDave probably knows the answer to this one but, is it all in my mind or does the reduced friction really translate into more low-end torque? :-)

Also, I noticed that when going in reverse, the car tends to pull sharply to one side. Going forward, the H2 moves as straight as a pin. It's just when going in reverse that the steering pulls to one side. Can I fix it or should I just live with it? Especially since I can compensate with counter steering to go in the direction I want whilst reversing out of trouble.

Well, that's it from the EVO side of things. This monday I find out where I'll be doing my residency. Gotta say, I'm going out of my mind thinking about it.

Latta pimps. Props to the bigguns :cool:

love doc :-o
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

almost forgot:

I noticed that the piece of plastic under the motor provides unnecessary support for the motor while blocking an escape route for heat.

I took it out and found that the motor slot already suppport the motor so this piece of smoky plastic is unnecessary for motor stability in it's holder.

Did I do something wrong? Or was it supposed to be removed in the first place? It seems like the motor doesn't heat up like it did when it was still in there.

Latta,

Lovedoc
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

CrazyDave probably knows the answer to this one but, is it all in my mind or does the reduced friction really translate into more low-end torque?
That's a general rule that can aply to any scale or machine. Friction robs power, which not only works the motor harder, but does not not allow the power to hit the ground. Bearings are the most important upgrade you can make to an RC, because they not only have less power robbing friction, they are also more precise and last a whole lot longer.

I found the larger off road tires were rubbing all over the place, and that the off road rims with the spacers from the stock wheels makes it just wide enough to give me the clearance I need. After I did that I was able to run the 10 tooth pinion with the 24 tooth idler, and get higher top speeds while still haveing good torque.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

Wait a minute...

when you're talking about the "spacers", you mean those little chrome plated plastic washers that go between the axle and the rim? Aren't they supposed to go on both the stock and off-road rims? I just filed down those little nubs because they kept the rim too far from the body to allow a good grip by the lug nut.

as for speed--right out of the box I think the H2's got way too much speed. I mean who am I supposed to be racing with this thing, an actual, full scale NASCAR?

I'd give half the stock speed just to get enough torque to climb a 45 degree slope without a running start.

but hey--that's me :-)

silla,

love doc
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

those are the ones (spacers).

I'd give half the stock speed just to get enough torque to climb a 45 degree slope without a running start.
point well made, i'm with you on that one :-) you can mod gearbox to gain more torque.