Original Xmod Front Wheel Problem

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
Jeep
bitThug

Original Xmod Front Wheel Problem

Post by Jeep »

This is for an original xmod, the steering is very tight to the right and very loose to the left. Right is mostly only spinouts and lefts are very wide turns. The car drives straight without adjustment. Whats wrong with it? Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Jeep on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Sounds sorta weird. Like your makin' this shit up as you go along. :???:

But...

Is your tie rod FULLY connected and where its supposed to be?

Check to see if you have accumilated any wig and debris in the workings of your wheels/bearings/bushings/axles.

Other than that. Inspect your car. :?
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I think you may need to center your servo pot. You maybe driving straight, but you may have more throw to one side than the other.
when I find the tut to do it I'll edit this post.

Also you may want to rename this thread to something more releavant, you may get more trafic that way ;)

EDIT : [click here for tut by Color0]

Maxx
Jeep
bitThug

Post by Jeep »

Thanks for the help. sg219, how does it sound like it is made up? and what do you mean by fully connected? it is connected to the knuckles and is in the servo horn.
Last edited by Jeep on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeep
bitThug

Post by Jeep »

The mod doesn't help, it goes a bit straighter but still spinouts one way and very wide turns the other. :-?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i know you're not making it up, all my 1st gens were the same. it's most noticeable when drifting.
i put it down to the north/south orientation of the motor, the forces of the motor when revving throw the weight to one side.
i used to be cool
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

betty.k wrote:i know you're not making it up, all my 1st gens were the same. it's most noticeable when drifting.
i put it down to the north/south orientation of the motor, the forces of the motor when revving throw the weight to one side.
As in torque roll? I doubt it would have that much of an effect because those motors are bit motor sized...
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

evoraptor wrote:
betty.k wrote:i know you're not making it up, all my 1st gens were the same. it's most noticeable when drifting.
As in torque roll? I doubt it would have that much of an effect because those motors are bit motor sized...
I think he's referring to the drive motor, not the steering......... :-)
Jeep
bitThug

Post by Jeep »

Is there no way to fix it because its happening with 2wd and awd cars? It makes racing even hard because when you turn the slightest bit to the side that is tight it spinsout. Any way to even make it slightly better? The servo center mod doesn't help it. What if you locked the front and rear diffs for the awd car?
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

HirotoR34 wrote:
evoraptor wrote:
I think he's referring to the drive motor, not the steering......... :-)
Ohh.. Sorry :-(
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yeah, i was referring to the drive motor :-)

the best i got it was when i had an iwaver pcb in one and using the iwII tx i adjusted the end points to compensate for the uneven steering.

if you're still using the xmod ep the you can do the resistor steering mod using variable resistors. you would be able to adjust the l/r steering travel independently :-o
i used to be cool
Jeep
bitThug

Post by Jeep »

Ok, thanks.