XMOD gen 1 lowered in the rear

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
nascar8
bitHood

XMOD gen 1 lowered in the rear

Post by nascar8 »

Okay well, I have seen alot of people destroy their rear suspension trying to lower their car. And when you cut the rear springs your suspension doesn't have as much of a spring rate as normally, and so in turn you bottom out your car. Well I have come up with a way of lowering the rear of the body without sacrificing the suspension.

I did this mod to my Civic because when the Civic is lowered in the rear and not in the front it looks cool.

Difficulty: Easy

Tools you need:
-Dremel drill with a cut off wheel or a sanding wheel
-XMOD Generation 1 body (May work with EVO but I haven't tried.)

Step 1-
Take your rear clip off your Gen 1 body.

Step 2-
Take the Dremel with the cut off wheel or sanding wheel and cut at the peice of the body that you attach the rear clip to.

Step 3-
Remove any of the mess that you may or may not have. Then put the rear clip back on the body.

Note: Remember to not cut to much off. Cut some, then try it to see if that is the low enough, and if it is not, then cut again. Don't go to low, if you do there is no return.

Pics of my car:
Above is the picture of the lowered rear.

This is a picture of my sun roof cut out.

Now I lay me down to sleep, pray the lord my soul to keep, if I die before I wake, pray the lord my soul to take.
-Metallica-
Breadfan, You got it wrong, Some long time friend's gonna lose it in the end who's a fool
-Metallica-
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Difficulty: Easy
good work :-)
i used to be cool