"Necessity is the mother of invention..."

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

"Necessity is the mother of invention..."

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Well I had bought a 2nd hand Xmod EVO, it cam with alot,if not all, of the usual RS mods. However I didn't get all the pinions and idlers for the stage 2 upgrade. I am having some traction problems with it in RWD and I decided to gear it up from the 8-tooth it came in. I thought 10 teeth should keep the ass in line, but, I didn't have the green idler :o. So, I had to find a way to combine the 10t pinion with the 25t idler. I just used the 11-23 spacer :eek:

And now listen to it go

Mind you, these batts are half-dead, and it's screamin like it's li-ion'd up.

I'll test it at the track this evening and update.

Maxx
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

thats loud :-o looks fast :driving:
I just used the 11-23 spacer
is that from the stage 2 kit?
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

ynad wrote:thats loud :-o looks fast :driving:
I just used the 11-23 spacer
is that from the stage 2 kit?
Yeah it is. The speed maybe a bit disappointing. Tho I have greatly reduced the torque, I'm still too slippy in the corners.

Calculations show that this setup has the same torque as the 9-23 setup and more topspeed than it. Maybe I have to gear it up some more and maybe look for an 11 or 12t setup.

This setup is troubling my diff :( I had to take it out during testing and tighten it up. I can't wait till the GPM diffs are availible :grin:

Maxx
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Are they gonna be ball diffs?
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

'think so, check the group buy thread to be sure.
The Final Blast

Post by The Final Blast »

WAZAAA
I love the high pitch wine of the motor. And about the rear diff kit is there anyway to mod one of those diffs to work in the front for AWD, I got platic on but its dead as a door nail. and if its a ball diff I realy hope the make a front diff, and I tried this with a front wheel drive (thats right front wheel drive) XMOD evo and damm the front tries were actually burning ruber and leaving skid marks, I was using the slammed truck wheels with soft compound but it looks so cool and sounded like a F1 racer.
Prepare for ludicris speed!!!!!!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

I think both the front dif and the rear are the same. BUT, the front doesn't have the gears that take input from the idler. Get me? So I guess you can just grind off that section with a dremel or something, then try to fit it in the front.

Can someone else make sure that the diffs are both the same length.
color0
bitPlaya'

Post by color0 »

they should be, you can interchangeably use the front and rear diff outdrives.

nevertheless, GPM's making a front ball diff, so you could just wait and buy a front and rear...

final blast- general rule of thumb is that the louder something sounds, the less efficient it's actually being at putting power to the wheels. might want to check that car carefully.
Greyscale Racing
The Final Blast

Post by The Final Blast »

I have and it seems normal to me. I guess the plastic lego drag track may have helped a little :lol: . F1's are loud as heck but are fast as a bat out of hell of course they have a insane power to weight.
Prepare for ludicris speed!!!!!!