Xmod Evo-T Parallel Flex Plates Fix

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
chrome
bitNinja

Xmod Evo-T Parallel Flex Plates Fix

Post by chrome »

Picked up an Evo-T the the other day and I've been loving it. One of my complaints is the same as everyone else's: that damn rear pivot point.

After seeing a mock up by beanoman of something similar to an H plate, I gave it a try. First thing I tried was identical to beanoman's idea. The plate completely locked out the rear pivot. This would be great if I was running on-road only, but I run offroad and need the added articulation the pivot point offers.

The next thing I tried was an H-plate made out of styrene. The plate didn't work very well, but it worked. I soon realized that while H plates will bend up and down all they need to, pivoting doesn't really fit the bill.

My last design, and best, are what I call the Parallel Flex Plates. Right now, they offer enough flex to pivot only AFTER the stock rear springs have fully articulated. This is perfect for what I need. The stock suspension will compress, and if that's not enough, the rear will pivot. And now, some pictures.

The design isn't quite final yet. I still need to clean it up some more and I'd like to go to a thicker piece of styrene for durability. As soon as I get the final design, I'll put up a template that can be downloaded.

Later,
Chrome...
Intelligence is knowing what you don't know.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

nice work chrome, it's like a hplate for evo's, lol... :-o
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.