Bringing you into my circle F-150 to Explorer

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
The Final Blast

Bringing you into my circle F-150 to Explorer

Post by The Final Blast »

OK I thought you guys would like to see my XMOD EVO body mod to put a f-150 onto a EVO car chassi with the shortest wheel base. If you want the original link its here at rcmod http://www.rcmod.com/viewtopic.php?t=4586 .
OK I need help with which color to go with for the body and rims, tips on making the side windows even and how to make the little rack things on top.
Heres whats in it sophar
Stage2 motor kit with a 8-25 gear ratio
Modified F-150 body that is going into the relm of SUV
AWD/ was removed due to front diff trouble
Trucking Slammed wheel kit
future parts
Chassi kit- I have to decide which on I want, the stilehto or trident
Full sheilded bearings
carbon short shaft
Aluminum Alloy universal swing shaft
and a whole lot of electronic mods like a miniZ turbo
If you want all the goodness here then OK
Prepare for ludicris speed!!!!!!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

why did you choose the shortest setting?
Why didn't you use the longest (G35) setting?

It seems to be coming along fine, it needs some tidying up tho.

Maxx
The Final Blast

Well the shorter the wheelbase the better handeling. And oh ya it needs more fine tuning this is day 3 of the progect and I used the bedcover plastic to fill in the gape between the rear window and the cab. I'm kinda following the the rcmod instructions on making a blazer but a much larger scale. I will need the top rack parts for the body and fill in the holes for the body and then get my dremel and make some lines.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

The Final Blast wrote:Well the shorter the wheelbase the better handeling.
Nah. Not quite.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
The Final Blast

Well I mean better truning cause a mini can turn sharper than a mini limo 8-) Ever since I set the XMOD to a shorter wheel base my car can turn much sharper than when It had the long wheelbase. I'm probly not going to get any progress done today my mom is having some major surgery done so more to come later in the week.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitsubishi-Pajero-J ... dZViewItem

build this and you dont need to worry about cutting up a Ford Xmod body.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
The Final Blast

I'd had a bit of trouble finding 1/24 scale AMERICAN SUV bodies at my local hobby store. I love fords and own a real ford explorer so I want one as a rc car.
Also it be better if you start with a tamiya powered model kit, they're much easier to use.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

The Final Blast wrote:I'd had a bit of trouble finding 1/24 scale AMERICAN SUV bodies at my local hobby store. I love fords and own a real ford explorer so I want one as a rc car.
Also it be better if you start with a tamiya powered model kit, they're much easier to use.
There are several model kits out there of US SUV's eBay has most of the ones that are not on the shelves anymore.

"You" what I am not the one that is building this thing?
http://cgi.ebay.com/LINDBERG-CHEVROLET- ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/LINDBERG-CHEVROLET- ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMT-1996-Ford-Explo ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMT-1996-Ford-Explo ... dZViewItem
My other hangout! R7R
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:
The Final Blast wrote:Well the shorter the wheelbase the better handeling.
Nah. Not quite.
A wider track width but not shorter wheel base,
The Final Blast

So anyone know if a miniZ turbo would work on a XMOD? Its some kind of external lectronic mod that brings more power to the motor, also are there aluminum gear kits for these cars also?? I'm going to end up using the most powerful 130 size engine in this thing and looking more and more into a chassi replacement kit with lipos and a hell of a lot of aluminum parts so I don't need to replace something every time I hit something, I'll also look into trailer for this Explorer to pull around.
Thanks if you give me any info
PEACE
The Final Blast

Sorry about the double post but.....PUTTY IS A BIZNATCH TO WORK WITH any suggestions on filling large holes, I got the roof filled thanks to another spare peice of truck bed cover and I'm sanding it but I need help figuring the back end it has a horizontal gape thats about 1cm tall and the truck bed wiggles and then the puddy breaks after I let it sit for double the dry time. Help me please.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Ok, you just said that you were using a peice of your truck to fill in a part if you want something a little better go to your LHS and ask if they have sheet styrene. I use it for model railroad I figure you could use it on a x mod.
1000+ post of BS.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

The Final Blast wrote:Sorry about the double post but.....PUTTY IS A BIZNATCH TO WORK WITH any suggestions on filling large holes, I got the roof filled thanks to another spare peice of truck bed cover and I'm sanding it but I need help figuring the back end it has a horizontal gape thats about 1cm tall and the truck bed wiggles and then the puddy breaks after I let it sit for double the dry time. Help me please.
What kind of putty are you using?

And gulp, I almost hate to say it but Shun I mean Shaun has a point get some Styrene at your local hobby shop and fill in with that. Evergreen makes styrene in many types of thicknesses and it will help stiffen up the body and give you a better area to fill in with Putty. I use Tamiya putty it works the best without the cracking.
My other hangout! R7R
The Final Blast

OK thanks what ever the brand I was using has cause my rear end to collapse and become uber soft so I'm going to have to get another truck shell for the back half, the tamiya stuff isn't that have chinese or Japenese writing on the back, and what would the recomend thickness of the styrene should I get. I've figure a better way for mounting the shell but its going to take me time to figure out correctly and I'm also going to need to get more plastic fusion adhesive which did a damm good job of holding all the peices for the front together. I think I'm also going to put 1cm X 1cm crossbeams in the body to add more durability. And for cutting I've been using my high durability hobby knife any other ways I could cut and get a tiny bit more controle?? I think a pbc pipe cutter would be over kill.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

ive had good luck with squadron green putty and automotive epoxy putty.

the automotive epoxy putty you can get at walmart or autozone/parts america..etc.