Nelly Pro Turbo tester wanted....

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
ph2t
bitPimp

Nelly Pro Turbo tester wanted....

Post by ph2t »

I'm looking for someone to test my new Nelly Pro turbo. Nelly Pro includes some MOSFET driver circuitry that really improves the power to the motor.

AS you know my nelly evo turbo is a basic external h-bridge circuit. Nelly Pro includes some NEW mosfet drivers that are similar to the ones in my nelly deluxe turbo. The difference here is that it doesn't include the 5V regulator circuit.

Basically, I want to provide a turbo that can be pushed on the older gen1 XMODS but without the premium price tag that nelly deluxe commands.

Nelly EVO does work with Gen1's, with hot motors not a problem. Just with gen1's when you run them on lithiums, another below 30 odd turns MIGHT be an issue. This is due to the shortcommings of the gen1 PCB.

the retail price will be around $45,cheaper than Nelly deluxe, yet more expensive than nelly EVO.

I would like someone to test this nelly pro for me on a gen1 xmod since I don't have one anymore.

If you want to test it you MUST fullfill the following criteria:

-Purchase Nelly Pro for $25.
-Must have a gen1 xmod
-Must run a < 35 turn motor
-Must run Li-ions or lipoly (even better)
-Must be able to provide explicit feedback (nelly temp during tests, etc...)

If you can do this then I'm interested.....Let me know....If you burn up Nelly Pro in your testing I'll send you a new one. It's all part of the deal.

See here for pics and info about Nelly Pro:

http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showthread.p...3868#post223868

cheers,

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Damn, I wish I could test it for you, but my Gen 1 doesn't have that set up.

I do have a Gen 1 PCB, chassis and a few other components. It's not a full car, but it's only missing a few things to make it complete. It was a radio shack return that I got for free. I could inventory all of it and let you know exactly what it's missing if you're interested. I could send it out to you rather quickly if need be. Don't mind helping out for the sake of R&D.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Same here, With the Clearances on XMods, I just got into them recently and only have the Evolution. (Hummer & Evo)
I would luv to have been a guinepig for this testing.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

I could easily make that setup. But I aint got no cash, or any way to find the temperature. My fingers only tell me "hot" or "cold" everything else is kinda fuzzy.

It really sucks cuz I just got some allow cups from Color0. If I had like $50 I would buy the sub 35 arm too. Pllus I'd offer some extreme conditions with this tropical heat ;)

Good luck finding someone. So this new turbo won't work on the EVO?
I know you wanna test on Gen1, just asking.

Maxx