Xmod Front wheels

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Xmod Front wheels

Post by BilboBaggins »

I'm working on a Xmod project (yes, I'm taking pictures) and it is stalled.

The reason for the stall is the width of the front end. The stock wheels on my Pontiac Evo are rubbing the body I'm trying to use at the ride height I want for it. The rear rubs a little but I think I can pull out the dremil and hand files to make that work. I'm not sure if I can get the front end to allow for steering (which is a must have on a RC Car). :lol:

I don't want to chop the wheel wells to much because of the look of the body.

I was thinking are there any rims that would have less offset (tuck in tighter) or thinner rims and tires.

I'm not posting images yet until I know it's done and works. I don't want to have an unfinished project posts cluttering up the site. Plus at the speed I do things it might get done in a year or so. :smile:
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Thin out the inside of the rim hub to reduce offset, it should pull the wheel in. If it becomes wobbly, use a small washer on the outside, so the nut will hold tight against the wheel. Shave chassis and or inner edge of rim and tire, if it hits at full lock.

BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Clint wrote:Thin out the inside of the rim hub to reduce offset, it should pull the wheel in. If it becomes wobbly, use a small washer on the outside, so the nut will hold tight against the wheel. Shave chassis and or inner edge of rim and tire, if it hits at full lock.
I was thinking about that, but there didn't look like much there to lose. Maybe I'll check out the other rims I have. I was tempted to mod some rims from a model I have to work on the Xmod, but after looking at them and their offset it might be worse.

Does anyone know if the Topcad (?) rims I see on eBay from Dinball would reduce the front track?
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

If you need some different rims let me know I have several X-Mod rims and something I have might work. :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: