Xmods out, Propulse in.

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

its cool, but why wouldn't you just spend $10 more for a true Team associated RC18T.
1000+ post of BS.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

crazydave wrote:
Clint wrote:this could jumpstart 1:18th scale racing in areas that are dominated by 1:10.

:-o
:-)
:greenblob:
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Now I really cant wait to get that Micro RS4 from Ripper its going to be a real 1/18 screamer!! :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

BilboBaggins wrote:It looks cool, but I'm not biting.

There would have to be a local club running these things to remotely get me interested in spending $150.00 for it (then more for the upgrades.)

I was originally having trouble bringing myself to pay $50.00 for an X-Mod to play with, that's why all of the ones I got were on sale or couponed or both.
Xmods are a POS compared to 1/18th scale hobby grade cars, there's really no comparison. I'm only saying this because I wouldn't want anybody's experience with Xmods turn them off from a more serious car.

Beside you don't need an already existing club, you just need a few buddies to race.

SHAUN wrote:its cool, but why wouldn't you just spend $10 more for a true Team associated RC18T.
See, that's great for you, because you know of, and are involved with the RC scene, but there are probably hundreds of thousands of people that have no idea that hobby grade RCs exist. This could potentially lure those people in, when they're making a payment on their cellphone or something. Besides, as I already mentioned, this car has a few features the RC18 does not, potententially making it a better car. We'll have to wait for the reviews to come in, but if it turns out as promised, why would you spend $10 more on an inferior car? Besides the fact that parts would be available on every other street corner.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

See that there? ^ Dave just hit that shit right on the head... the majority of people who are going to buy these have never been exposed to hobby grade RCs, let alone 1/18th scale hobby grade... add the ease of access to hopups and you get people like me who don't want to drive a half an hour to the other side of the city to go to Hobbyclown for RC18 hopups interested... I mean, to be able to go to the Shaq at the local strip mall after work and snag, saaay, some alloy hub carriers just anytime at will is a huge draw... the ease of accessability to shit plays a huge role for a lot of people,not just me...

As of right now, the Micro T is tops on my gotta get list, but honestly, after that, this Propulse buggy just might have already trumped the RC18R Lancer that was sitting in the second spot on that list...
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

You could probly just convert a propulse into the 18R anyway.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I know this is an old thread, I just didn't want to start a new one.

I got the holiday flyer from Towerhobbies, the other day and saw these.....
Megatech 1/18 MegaPro Buggy

Megatech 1/18 MegaPro Truck

Is it me, or are those the ProPlulse vehicles, with slight changes?[/url]
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

:o Heck yeah they are!

Holy cow.
frizzen is a friend of mine
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

Short answer YES!

RS uses Megatech to make their cars.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

yea it's the same thing..

but the bodies look killer.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Murdoch wrote:yea it's the same thing..

but the bodies look killer.
They are the optional bodies for the ProPulse vehicles, $29.99 at RS when they stocked them.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.