I've gone and blew it...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

I've gone and blew it...

Post by Murdoch »

Literally. I didn't think it was possible but I've gone and cocked up my Gen1 xmod. I lost forward yesterday while having a burn around a cement parking lot. had a sniff and god DAMN did it stink. I knew something major went as soon as I smelled it. So I took it apart today to inspect the circuitry and there it is.. one popped fet with what looks like a charred and split lead.

I was able to throw in the spare board I have but I think i messed up the servo wiring. Anyone got a link to a FAQ or diagram to a Gen1 board? I had one about four months ago but that was before my PC took a shit.
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

If it's just the fets that blew, i have a few original fets that were removed for a fet job. I dont need them.

PM me your addy and i'll toss them in the mail.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Thanks, man. It's always good to have extras.

edit: I've pulled off the fets with little trouble, and the damage is worse than I thought. There is actually a hole in the PCB itself.. along with the one fet that looks like it literally exploded. So it looks like I have to order (or find) a new PCB.
I've circled the damage in yellow here.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

the pcb should still be ok by the looks of it :-o
i used to be cool