smoked h2

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

smoked h2

Post by civicsr2cool »

I Got an evo truck from Tuner, got rid of ALL the chrome on the body and put it back to some of the stock bodykit.. i still have to make my way to the chassis to get rid of all the odd colors.

before:

after:

have a few diffrent tire choices in mind. ssmt tires, krawler tires, and some odd tires from a tyko.

i plan on lowering the body some to give it a more stock appearance. the lift just doesnt look right on it with these small tires. and i dont see it gettin any performance mods soon since its six celled and still has no torque, so its just gonna be a shelf queen for a bit :?

also does anybody know if the car rear diff works for the truck? its been hard to find one on ebay for the truck, they all say car. the one currently in there is locked and i cant turn without it clicking the dog bone..
[]D [] []V[] []D
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

About the before and after pics....

I assume it was also before and after you smashed the lense on your camera. :lol:
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Hehe, I think it's more like he went anal-probing after the "before" shot and then only did a mediocre job on wiping for the "after" shots.

Come on civic! You can't be showing the goods and then all of sudden pass out the crap!

Post by Maxximum Attack »

He snagged the before pic from tuner...
Why don't you test all of the wheels and see which ones offer the best performance. Then do a little write-up :-)

Maxx
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

updating this thread to try and figure out why this truck gets no damn range.

i am running 6-cells, and dual antennas on the truck and i get a whole 5-10ft of range WITH glitches..

do the EVO boards have the inductors that can fry out if touched ground? just a guess that it must have happened at one point :(

il be updating with pictures soon, its changed alot since i've last shown it off.
[]D [] []V[] []D
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

Yeah, most likely fried it by touching a charged batt. to the antenna.

(your fucked)
frizzen is a friend of mine
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

ive searched high and low for a fix, got nothing.

so the whole main board needs to be replaced you say? if so screw that.. its going on ebay!
:sad:
[]D [] []V[] []D
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

I'll tell ya what, I have an evo board layin around, it's for a car chassis but it should work. If ya want it i'll throw it in the mail for ya, my treat.
frizzen is a friend of mine
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Re: smoked h2

Post by civicsr2cool »

It's been over a year since I have updated this truck, I've made some progress. Lets check it out..

4cell fetted, micro rs4 motor w/paperclip motor mounts and delrin reduction gear.

[]D [] []V[] []D
ynad
bitNinja

Re: smoked h2

Post by ynad »

Nice solution on the motor mount.
Just be careful running in the snow, plastic gets brittle.