NEW XMODS!

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

If they had a pic of what it looked like with the body kit, I might have gotten it tonight. (had it in my hand, but couldn't drop the coin.)

I'm torn.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Rumour:

Dodge viper coming
F-250 coming

I really wish the new subaru or an RX-7, but hey :-?

Maxx
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

well I was not going to spend the cash but I happed to stop at Rat Shack today and picked up the new Titan I was not a big fan of the body but I dont think it looks to bad in person.

I plan to paint the body as soon as I can the red is a little to much red for me but I think I can do something with it. for a cost of $29.95 it was not a bad deal.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Looking for Samuri or Kicktrack body.

Post by frizzen »

I finally broke down, and bought my first Xmod... It was a Nissan TITan. I wanted the F150, but they were out, so I spent an extra $10 just to not have the H2.

The good news is this horribly FUGLY picture, isn't the real product.

However, this is.

The bad news is, the wheelbase IS fucked up. Body sits too far forward on chassis. Rear tire nearly scrubs back of fender, front is obviously not centered.

Also, not sure if it's an X-mod Evo thing or what, but there is a useless molded in plastic bar under the bed that STOPS ANY ARTICULATION.

Body has potential, but out of the box looks bland and boring (much like the real Titan.)
Fit and finish isn't stellar, but not *too* far off.
Paint doesn't really match from body to rockers/bumpers.
Paint is a fairly decent hue of maroonish red, but without some kind of metallic or peral it just comes off ugly and flat.
Nice details, for a soccermom ride. Definately would have to "make a man out of it" with offroad accessories, and trail rash. yes...Lots of trail rash...

Now the "offroad kit" lift and tires.

-
Either way, I'm looking for more of either a Ford Ranger, Ford Explorer, Toyota singlecab, or a Suzuki Samuri / Suzuki-Geo KickTrack body, however that's a topic for a later thread. :lol:
Last edited by frizzen on Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

We don't need no god damn roads!
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Thank you Honda_s2000!!! Actually those two posts were part of what pushed me to getting an Xmod Evo. Was talking to Shaun, he dropped a link to their board, I looked around for a bit, 2 days later I'm walking out of RadioHack with one...
-
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Where have you been man?
Nice to have you back 8-)
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Where have you been man?
Nice to have you back 8-)
Yea, I forgot to say the same man...got wondering where you had been... :-o
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Trying to keep the story truncated... End of September I got laid off, didn't go back until November. So toy fund was really tight. Then my G/F graduated college, so we're spending a lot of time in the real world, and I haven't had the time sitting in front of my computer talking to her on IM to work on any projects. (Which is why I had no Year End Contest entry)

Figure I might as well try my hand at a new scale. I've done 1/64 a lot, and my 1/10 doesn't get much exercise, but I think 1/28 should do better in the house,
-
dirrty dog
bitHood

Post by dirrty dog »

hey fella's new to X-mods but i own the 2006 mustang and H2 Hummer. I have put together the body kits and turned the h2 into the offroad version and will be adding the 4wd kit to it tonight. I do have a couple questions for you guys since i am new to these. How often does RS come out with new vehicles and where can i buy spare bodies for the Mustang and the Hummer? Thanks in advance for all the help fella's.

dirrty dog
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

dirrty dog wrote:hey fella's new to X-mods but i own the 2006 mustang and H2 Hummer. I have put together the body kits and turned the h2 into the offroad version and will be adding the 4wd kit to it tonight. I do have a couple questions for you guys since i am new to these. How often does RS come out with new vehicles and where can i buy spare bodies for the Mustang and the Hummer? Thanks in advance for all the help fella's.

dirrty dog
That is the biggest question on new releases, it looks as if there won't be anymore.(along with new zips :-? )
Some RSs could have some bodies, but I don't think the mustangs were available separately. I know the H2 wasn't. You can find the F150 body on clearance, though.
Try and ask the employees if they have any returns or bad vehicles you could buy off of them (for a lot less of course)
Word is, they junk the defective ones. Yep, trash.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

I'm now 99.9% sure xmods are fully discontinued.

Reason being, is that a few weeks back, when there was a sale on the xmods evo in the US, I spotted upgrades in a store over here.. I kept thinking they had sent them by mistake or something, until I saw the cars in the store a few days back.

Aaand I picked one up, along with the AWD kit. :-o I'm almost impressed, it seems pretty nice, I'm just disappointed at all the slop in the wheels mainly. I need to do some reading about Evo mods now. :-)