'84 GMC - TRX

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
nazcom83
bitHood

'84 GMC - TRX

Post by nazcom83 »

This is what I have been working on the last few days... my new truck project...

I was really lucky, to be able to find a AMT/Ertl 1/25 '84 GMC Pickup, on ebay UK, and even more so that I was able to get it... lol...

The below photos of the truck are with the body not yet mounted, and I also have work to finish on the body i.e. roll bar frame, paint work etc...

As you can see in the below photo, I removed the stock truck bed and replaced it with a new chrome effect diamond plate one, made from plastic... which I got from a Italeri 1/24 Truck Accessories model pack...

I have only just started work on the chassis, I took the plastic model chassis and hacked it up, to get the xmods chassis to the length I need it to be... also I have never seen this done before so I though I would try it...

I will update again, once I have so more done...
nazcom83
bitHood

Post by nazcom83 »

quick update: I made a frame for the rear + I got 2 jerry cans to sit each side of it... also got a baja style light rack for the front window... which is just blue-tac'ed on atm...

still need to make some mounts and get the rest of it done... will update again laterz...
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Looking good so far. Keep it up man..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
v137a
bitHood

Post by v137a »

Lee Majors would be proud! :grin: