Micro-T PCB and Evo Servo

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
fameless

Micro-T PCB and Evo Servo

Post by fameless »

My Mini-T PCB arrived before my next Iwaver board, so I decided to do some hackery. Through trial and error, I got it to work, but barely. There's a lot of servo jitter, and it won't turn to the left fully. I'm running it off of RS IC-3 batteries. Here's the diagram:

I really don't know where to go from here. I'm sure I need a resistor or to in order to make these two components work together, but I don't fully understand how to check with a multimeter.

Thoughts or ideas? I really want to learn this stuff, but I don't know where to begin.

*Edit*
I think the problem is with the TX. It's from a Firelap 2.0 RTR. Gotta play around with the settings.
Last edited by fameless on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fameless

Post by fameless »

The connections are good, so if anyone else would like to try this project, there you go. As far as the servo jitter, I believe it's due to the TX. Guess I'll save up to get a better one. Pics:

I'm waiting on a long stencil chassis. Hopefully I won't need a chassis spacer (which I don't have) to mount my F1 body. I also need to resolder some connections and clean up the wiring. If I ever do another Mini-T conversion (of course I will) I'll get a female servo plug and splice the Evo servo wires into that instead of my ghetto direct solder to the male plug.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Thats just cool, good work, wanna sell that micro t?
1000+ post of BS.
fameless

Post by fameless »

I would if I had one to sell. The board was bought by itself.

*Edit*
I got my mini and micro confused. This is a Micro-T board.