Evo Truck and Questions

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
Ludamak

Evo Truck and Questions

Post by Ludamak »

Alright well I've kind of been at this forum for a little while and have never really posted a thread before mostly because I never felt the need to, but I do check this forum often. Well I finally decided to take out my Evo Truck for a little drive.

The truck doesn't have many mods other than the RS ones (the little lift kit, motor). I did lift the body a little though with some Gen 1 bushings.

Pictures:

Alright so my question is, why do my front wheels kind of toe out? Is there anyway to fix this? (shims, maybe?) This problem annoys the heck out of me.

Any help is appreciated, thankss. :-o
"It's life, love, stress, and set-backs, for those tryin'a breathe show me where your head's at" -Atmosphere
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

The toe out is a design flaw in the lift kit, where the susp. arms are longer than the tierod. One thing I did to get rid of it was just remove the lift kit.. for me just the bushing lift is enough to clear the fenders with the lift kit tires.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

if you can afford one get a micro t. they are smaller but they run on crazier terrain.

does the toe issue really hurt performance?

also im probably gona get shit for saying this but you could just fill a little jbweld(any epoxy really) into whatever joint is loose and work everything into shape while it hardens. its an artform but once you get the feel, you can turn a cheap toy feel into a machine.

word up
Ludamak

Post by Ludamak »

hogjowlz wrote:if you can afford one get a micro t. they are smaller but they run on crazier terrain.

does the toe issue really hurt performance?

also im probably gona get shit for saying this but you could just fill a little jbweld(any epoxy really) into whatever joint is loose and work everything into shape while it hardens. its an artform but once you get the feel, you can turn a cheap toy feel into a machine.

word up
Well the toe out problem just seems to make my truck work a little harder, losing some power. So it's running a little slower than usual.

aand I've been looking at the Micro T, I just don't have the funds for something neww. I guess I'm just gonna take off the lift kit and run it like that. Thanks.
"It's life, love, stress, and set-backs, for those tryin'a breathe show me where your head's at" -Atmosphere
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Try harder springs up front. if would not compress too much and it wouldn't toe out as much.