acura rsx doesnt go

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

sidewinder wrote:
I've been working on a tube framed--well brass rod framed--American Le Mans (or Can Am, I haven't decided yet, both will work) car, but its going to be a little larger than the stock bits. Anyway, the reason I brought it up is that I'm used to working with high carbon steel wire for the 1/10 scale sprinters but I've never tried brass rod before. I've been experimenting with Harris Safety Silver (#56 brazing rod) and it seems strong enough...but, what do you slot car guys use for those cool 1/24 scale wire framed slots? Is there something better? I'm sort of lost going back to gas welding (brazing).
I use K&S "Music Wire" for all my chassis building needs. Its cheap and you can pick it up at either a LHS or Ace Hardware.
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

BilboBaggins wrote:
sidewinder wrote:I've been working on a tube framed--well brass rod framed--American Le Mans (or Can Am, I haven't decided yet, both will work) car, but its going to be a little larger than the stock bits. Anyway, the reason I brought it up is that I'm used to working with high carbon steel wire for the 1/10 scale sprinters but I've never tried brass rod before. I've been experimenting with Harris Safety Silver (#56 brazing rod) and it seems strong enough...but, what do you slot car guys use for those cool 1/24 scale wire framed slots? Is there something better? I'm sort of lost going back to gas welding (brazing).
When I was building them we used Piano Wire (sometimes called Music Wire.) Most LHS's will have them in various thicknesses.
That's what I used for the sprint frames, I just saw some of the old brass wire framed slots and for some reason they look really cool, probably because I've never played with it before. Besides, I'm sick of the Mig and don't have easy access to my buddies Tig, so I thought I'd try my Map/Oxy torch I bought and never used.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
hobojoe196061

update

Post by hobojoe196061 »

ok so i have my gen 1 xmod and i tested it again. it seems as though i have barely any power in the motor and no range. when i try to run the car. On carpet the motor hums but will not move. does any one know what the problem is? im not so sure it is the fets anymore... anyone please help i badly would like to drive this car again.
thanks
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Re: update

Post by cj »

hobojoe196061 wrote:ok so i have my gen 1 xmod and i tested it again. it seems as though i have barely any power in the motor and no range. when i try to run the car. On carpet the motor hums but will not move. does any one know what the problem is? im not so sure it is the fets anymore... anyone please help i badly would like to drive this car again.
thanks
Simple test remove the motor from the mount but leave it connected. Don't let it touch the antenna and try the throttle while holding your motor. If it spins good in one direction and not the other you sould be able to feel if the motor is binding or feels out of balance. If you got another motor try the same thing. If two different motors act the same way then you have a FET problem. If not it could be just a motor problem.
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

betty.k wrote:
ynad wrote:i don't remember exactly, but recall an issue on gen1 xmod.
if antenna wire touches motor it can short out. on the smaller board (receiver)
somewhere around antenna wire, there is a resistor that burns out. You may look into that.
However, I'm not sure. May someone else add more info?
the "resistor" you speak of is called an "inductor". frying that only kills the range. he's most likely got a fried fet.
AND the fact that he said his range isn't an issue, would also oppose the possibility of a fried inductor.
frizzen is a friend of mine
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Re: update

Post by jordanQ »

hobojoe196061 wrote:ok so i have my gen 1 xmod and i tested it again. it seems as though i have barely any power in the motor and no range. when i try to run the car. On carpet the motor hums but will not move. does any one know what the problem is? im not so sure it is the fets anymore... anyone please help i badly would like to drive this car again.
thanks
Batteries? :???:
frizzen is a friend of mine