where can i buy an xmod?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
hobojoe196061

where can i buy an xmod?

Post by hobojoe196061 »

so i went to three radio shacks where i live (santa barbara) and none had any of the regular xmods. the only ones they have are the transfomers ones. the RS site says that they should be in store but they cannot be found. does any one know where i can get one a car for cheap? on the RS site the tc was listed for $25 is there any place that sells them this cheap?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

There are still a few in the North Central Ohio area, if you know anybody around Wooster or Mansfiled they have some of the Titan trucks and I saw two or three cars but I didn't look to see what they were. If you watch ebay under toy rc sometimes they slip through pretty cheap, check the adds with no pics, not as many people look at them.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Xmods were a RadioShack exclusive product line. You're either looking at Radioshack or Ebay.

Find the RS part number you want, go to the RS site, use the store locator, call each store in however big of an area you're willing to drive, ask if they have the part numbers. It's long and tedious, but it'll sometimes score you some long obsolete things.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Santa Barbara, CA? There should be a lot around your area. And if not, if you're willing to drive 100 miles to LA I can get you some. lol.
hobojoe196061

Post by hobojoe196061 »

evoraptor wrote:Santa Barbara, CA? There should be a lot around your area. And if not, if you're willing to drive 100 miles to LA I can get you some. lol.
yea i have checked 3 RS an they only had the transformers xmods...and i went to a hobby shop to see if he could fix my old one and he acted like he never heard of them before....
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

hobojoe16061 wrote:
i went to a hobby shop to see if he could fix my old one and he acted like he never heard of them before....
Yeah, that's pretty typical. Xmods get nor respect, not with Mini z's and Iwavers out there...and the others are better for racing, still, I love th Xmods. You might try asking some of the guys around here how to fix you car, some of these guys are electronic genius'. At very least you might get back a few bucks towards your new Xmod buy selling the old one for parts.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

hobojoe196061 wrote:yea i have checked 3 RS an they only had the transformers xmods...and i went to a hobby shop to see if he could fix my old one and he acted like he never heard of them before....

What is wrong with your car. What is it doing or not doing?
hobojoe196061

Post by hobojoe196061 »

What is wrong with your car. What is it doing or not doing?[/quote]

i posted the problem on the topic below this one so take a look there... i think its might not be getting the signal....im gonna take it to my lhs an hav him look at it..if he cant fix it i might make a jump to the micro-t...