Mustang Steering Problem

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Mustang Steering Problem

Post by jordanQ »

OK i had got some more 'chargables and had been running my Stang and all was good. I had some bangs to the wall here and there, no biggy.
Until i had one sorta "big bang" right smack in the middle of the wall.

(Yes i had the body on, ever since i broke a front steering knuckle, i never drive it without the body)

Nothing looked damaged so I just pulled out of the wall (i had turned left to backup) and let go of the steering wheel on the controller and turned right, but the wheels remain left, i check things out and luckily nothing was binding, i wiggled the controller wheel and it went back to normal.

Ever since then, It will do that SOMETIMES not all the times but sometimes it will get stuck in one direction, just wiggle, then its fine.

So i decided to take the front end apart, and check it out, i took off the tie rod, and then put in the batteries and turn the controller on then the car and steered i watch the little nub the tie rod hooks too. Still a little sticky.

So i don't know whats wrong and i don't know what to do, Can you guys help?

Thanks, I hope this was legable too.
frizzen is a friend of mine
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Tough to say for sure. From what I'm understanding the servo is still sticking a little even with the tie rod off? If that is the case there is more than likely internal damage to the servo, my guess is you shaved a couple teeth off a gear.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

Yep thats probably it, but like i said it only happens not even half of the time. And yeah it still stick even with out the tie rod.

Thanks dave.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If you can pull the servo apart you might be able to re-position the gear (if it uses a round gear) sometimes only part of the gear is used. Or if you get lucky there could just be some loose plastic jaming the gears.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

Thanks! :-)