How to drift get your drift on (GEN1)

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
Critters
bitHood

How to drift get your drift on (GEN1)

Post by Critters »

Well i did this a long time ago, i did made my x-mod into a drift machine and belive me it works!

step 1: Get 4wd upgrade

step 2: take wheels off x-mod and rap electrical tape around them. best is hockey tape or scotch tape. Trim tape if needed
unless you have drift tires or PVC pipe

step 3: slide battery tray as far forward as it goes

step 4: if you have stage 2 motor upgrade that is a big plus put the drag motor in

step 5: if you have the suspension upgrade that is also a plus. put the blue (hard ones) in the front and the back (yellow) medium-soft

step 7: if you a first time drifter, take your rear view mirrors off. You can break them like me :(

now put some batteries in and put tires back on and hopfully it should drift nicely(no cheap powersliding)

please add if there is somthing better.

:)
Last edited by Critters on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Welcome to the forum. There are all sorts of things you can do, but they cost money...so just like in real drifting or racing how fast do you wana go?

I'd personaly start with the best suspension stuff I could find because if you can't comntrol it all the power in the world is useless. Browse the xmods forum you should find some real good ideas there. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand