RIP XMODS

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Xmods line of RCs goes here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

RIP XMODS

Post by sidewinder »

I've seen this same basic post at two sites now... I tryed to check with our RS but they said they were sold out and didn't expect any more.

From XModssource.com.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

today i decided to buy another bumblebee starterkit for extra parts but oddly couldn't find any at the first 2 radioshacks i hit up, they said they were told to pull them off the shelves. the third radioshack i went to still had them on the shelf, so i picked one up and the guy tried to ring it up and it wasn't in the system. his manager came over, looked into their emails and sure enough, an email was sent out on 1/11/08 (today) telling them that the Xmods are defective and to pull them off the shelves and send them back to home office...."the chassis will crack under stress" is the specific problem. i asked if i could buy them anyway, they told me no, they are no longer available for sale...if you guys need extra evo chassis, go pick up a couple if you can.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

Does not surprise me that they stopped carrying them. Such a stupid excuse on breaking chassis. The major breaking points were always Knuckles first.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

yea.. I cut thru three chassis because of the weak links supporting the knuckles.
jordanQ
bitPlaya'

Post by jordanQ »

frizzen is a friend of mine
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

And on the 3rd day they rose again...

Post by lovedoctor »

Sounds like they pulled the Transformer XMODS to make room for the new XMODS. The chassis excuse was just corporate-ese for "we got our own reasons for pulling 'em, and we're not telling"

The new XMODS (I bought the Atomic Orange Z06 Corvette) don't have removable radio crystals...supposedly they will be coming out with "digital" frequencies in the future to eliminate cross-talk during large races--at least that's what the cross-eyed, buck-toothed employee told me (seriously...this guy was cross-eyed AND buck-toothed). I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww19 ... arking.jpg
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond