IW01 tx too boring looking? Here's an easy mod...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Bird
bitPimp

IW01 tx too boring looking? Here's an easy mod...

Post by Bird »

I was looking at my boring old IW01 tx and thinking about how I could color coordinate it with the cars that I use it with... my iwaver with the red and white Autoscale Skyline, and my two epochs, both red...

So, I started thinking... :???: "Maybe that white plastic that the wheel, knobs, and switch are made of is dyeable..."

So, after a trip to the grocery store to pick up some scarlet #5 Rit dye, I carefully broke down the tx while the water came to a boil... put all of the white pieces into the boiling scarlet liquid, and 5 minutes later...

8-) Dope, aint it? I imagine that this can be done with any color of Rit dye that you would want to use... I also imagine that the stuff on the newer, gray cased IW01 tx is made of the same easily dyed plastic... I'll find out for sure in a few weeks when I get another IW01...
crusty
bitPlaya'

Post by crusty »

Looking pimp :cool:
ImageImageImage
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

The shit didn't melt???
BOURBON TIME OUT!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

does the dye rub off at all?

do the clear stuff now :smile:
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

shit no, I remember that dye from way back in my 1:10 days.
it's like dying easter eggs dude, you'll have a little fun doing it. lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

hehe! my housemate's gonna get a surprise come easter when a bunch of wheels are floating around with the eggs! :lol:
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

just wait till you start to tie dye his work shirts.
groovy baby. :cool:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

CaboWabo wrote:shit no, I remember that dye from way back in my 1:10 days.
I was the ghetto version of that back in my early 1/10th days... my old traxxas buggy is still to this day sporting all of the suspension and shit(early traxxas shit had white parts) dyed green (very weakly, I might add) with food coloring lol... I need to break THAT down and pimp it out with the good stuff...

@sdog... lol no the shit didn't melt... cracka ass cracka.