Convince a moron to buy a mini-z

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

the overland from what ive seen is sick with some alloy parts installed-but id get a mini mad force. look at ph2ts. im sure he could hook you up with some goods for one...or you could step above all like i did and buy a venom mini giant :-) seriously though it can take a freaking beating!Im serious i dropped it down the stairs and nothing broke. Great little truck and can off road like a beast!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I'm glad so many people think the xmod is better for bashing, that makes me feel better about having a xmod and not a mini-z, but I still can't get get over my desire for an Overland. :-(

How can you resist that?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

im gona have to say go with the xmod you can buy them at like 10,000 locations in st louis alone. they are cheaper than zs unless you get an iwaver but they are kinda hit or miss.

everyone can yak about their ic3s all they want but you cant beat 2 sets and a charger for 25bucks(the xmods battery kit) ya 15mins is great but ic3s dont offer superior output just faster charge times.

with xmods i suggest starting out with the car the batteries and stage 2 motors. thats enough to have a ton of fun until you break something on it.

only if you had a website with all the info you would need on fixing this shit. :-)
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

hogjowlz wrote: ya 15mins is great but ic3s dont offer superior output just faster charge times.

Gotta disagree. I've tried them both and there's a difference. Besides, 15 minute charges is worth the price of admission anyway.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

no dude we put my car on sg219's speed checker with fully charged ic3 and shaqbatts and the radioshack cells actually clocked negligably higher.

also i think the reason cdub hasnt gone into 1:28 yet is the money pit thing. so dude take 100 bucks go to the shaq and buy a skylinez!!! some batteries and motors and the light kit and you will have enough to keep you away from your wife for like two days.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

The Mitsu Overland is $99 at Tower Hobbies.....so are a few others. I am partial to the Hummer, but its $149. I saw it on Toyeast and dinball for less, but shipping costs may be an issue.

Dinball has some pretty good videos that show off the suspension and climbing abilities of the overland. Go to the bottom of this page:

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_i ... ts_id=4120
BOURBON TIME OUT!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

$99 @ Tower Hobbies

Get it so I can hate you. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

hahhaaa
you guys...

well I totally agree the xmod would be easier to get. (I've got a story here for you)
but I just stop staring at that overland. and I already saw the 99.99 price tag at tower hobbies. (I was expecting 130.00 or so)

so yesterday payaso and I are calling all around st. louis for mini-z's.
it was scarey, we call up this huge ass place called "hobby lobby"....
chick: hello
payaso: do you guys carry the mini-z overlands?
chick: what do you use it for?
payaso: do you even know what one is?
chick: no, I'll transfer you back to some other fool.
new fool: hello
payaso: do you carry the mini-z overland r/c car?
new fool: is it remote control?
payaso: uhh, yes.
new fool: no, we don't carry any remote control anything.

calling another place...
dude: hello
payaso: do you carry the kyosho mini-z overland?
dude: what's that?
payaso: it's an r/c car.

there's more, but you get the point, these people at the hobby shops we called had no clue what they sold much less anything about a hobby - it was scarey, radioshack actually kicked their asses that day lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Of coarse then again, there's that XMod Camaro, I wouldn't mind having one of them myself. :???:

...and you know if the XMod gets Hog and Betty's bash test seal of approval that it's gonna take a bashing. Even though a bashing to mine is a crack in the sidewalk, and the flips and rolls that follow.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

crazydave wrote:Of coarse then again, there's that XMod Camaro, I wouldn't mind having one of them myself. :???:

...and you know if the XMod gets Hog and Betty's bash test seal of approval that it's gonna take a bashing. Even though a bashing to mine is a crack in the sidewalk, and the flips and rolls that follow.
yes the camaro is fucking tite as hell dude. i say get that so i can say you was bitin me.

when you get the xmod shorten the knuckles. fuck awd. but get the awd kit for the lsd.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I think he's gonna go with the overland so he can run over a x mod..

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
HirotoR34
bitPimp

Post by HirotoR34 »

Cabo, all I can say is if you're looking for fun and don't wanna spend a lot of dough, I'd go with the Iwaver04. I'm in the process of begging the wife for one as a christmas gift. I'm not sure if anyone in pimpcity's got one yet, but check em out anyway.

Here's the link to the site
http://www.microracers24.com/index.html ... lang=en-us
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

I like that iwaver 04 too. But, at 94 smackers on that euro site, its not far from the $129.99 you would pay for the Kyosho version at Tower Hobbies. Especially after you calculate the shipping costs. Some of the Kyosho OL's actually cost less than the iwaver 04 on that site.

I wonder what the price will be on the Toyeast site once they start offering them.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
LoRDDeVO2
bitThug

Post by LoRDDeVO2 »

Sorry to jump in this shit so late in the game and throw my two cents in... Been busy with work. Moved me to a new dept. anyways. I have a Epoch (nice handling, not great for bashing) Stock form is pretty slow as well. I have a Mini-T (thanx Payaso its been a blessing and a curse, especially after looking at my banking statements, haha) as you can see in the "Oh look what I gone...." section SG was talking about ..http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... c&start=75 The truck is great for bashing especially with a Mamba brushless motor in it... only 2wd tho... You might wanna Associated RCT10 instead 4WD Shaft driven. you definitely don't want the mini quake or the Spider etc. I also got an Xmod (had to do it after I saw the 'Stang) Very fun car. easy to get easy to upgrade (lithium-ions, Nelly, carbon driveshaft, AWD, etc.) .... Ok enough of the rant....

My Choices.
Mini-T - $119 - Great for bashing and racing (Brushed or Brushless), you can take it anywhere, on any surface (even in the snow ). You can change everything on it highly upgradeable and customizable, Hop-ups been around for a while so wide selection of quality parts.

Xmod - $50 - Great for racing and bashing can't take it anywhere only smooth surfaces. parts are easy to come by but hopups are mostly being made by GPM (Shotty quality parts) Still a fun car to drive if you wanna race on a track.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

the verdict came in, here's what I got
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.