Jada RC ROLLER$ FJ Cruiser

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Jada RC ROLLER$ FJ Cruiser

Post by Pork_Hunt »

Hey guys,
I have been stalking cheap RC cars at Kmart again, and I came across these. I had been waiting for a sale and picked it up for $13.50...

Stock they are pretty weak, but all the tyres I have collected for my OL are a perfect fit for this car. I had a Iwaver 02 chassis kicking around, courtesy of rcs2die4, so I have been working on changing over all the electronics. It all runs, except for the steering servo is only held down with blue-tac...

I plan to work on some suspension for it, FET's, hotter motor, scale accessories, tow/bull bars, etc...
Last edited by Pork_Hunt on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

is that a servo I see there? If that's the case and by judging by the amount of space on the chassis.. that could be a prime candidate for a mini-z (or better) pcb swap.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I was thinking just about the same thing except using micro-t pcb.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

Murdoch wrote:is that a servo I see there? If that's the case and by judging by the amount of space on the chassis.. that could be a prime candidate for a mini-z (or better) pcb swap.
It is an Iwaver servo, these generation of Iwavers came with a four-wire servo. I broke a servo wire while installing it, so I went looking for pictures of Iwavers, there looks like there is 4 - 5 different Iwaver02 versions out there...

It drives really well, with 3 AA alkalines in it, it does 8kph (~5mph) my Tamiya dyno. Even with the blue-tac holding the servo down, the steering still feels pretty nice... Just a bit wallow-y...

If anyone has any ideas for suspension, fire away...
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

I came across that generation iwaver a few years back in a small town hobby store,,,Thats all they ran on their track and I had never seen/heard of it :???: The servo works great in pair with the older gen mini T boards (since they are also 4 wire) Thats what I used to hop up my epoch (although its probably a bit overkill for 1:43 :cool: )

STG
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Hey B! Good to see ya still doing the hacks mate. I've done fuck all for ages.... You back in Melb? or still up north?

You'd be surprise how well some good double sided tape wil hold shit down for ya, speaciially when the surfaces are clean. It's just the right sorta thing for "I need permanent, but fuck it, not TOO permanent" sorta fix!

cheers,

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Re: Jada RC ROLLER$ FJ Cruiser

Post by vwmicrosizer »

i bought 1 of the fj cruisers just for the fun of it :grin: and the tires stock r like plastic :-x . it did horrible out in the snow :( . i turned it into an amphibious vehicle :mrgreen: . well i just but ballons tape and plastic wrap and zip ties on the electronics :wink: . from everything i put it through im putting my broken micro t parts in it :eek: . im also using micro dt tires on it :-o . im making my own type of suspension :P i raced 1 of my friends and he had a xmods street corvette as soon as we went off the line i said seee yahhh :razz: but he is upgrading his now :???: . im puttung in xmods mototrs in it :eek: . well same type of gears kinda and motor is the same size ;-) .