atomic chili evolution motor

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
betty.k
bitPimp

atomic chili evolution motor

Post by betty.k »

i was at my local track/shop the other day and saw the new atomic evo motors. i don't need another one but i had to have it!
http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Atom ... 13510.aspx" target="_blank

the most striking feature is the 1:10 style endbell. and it's well built with good tolerances.
it has bb's, neo's and a 35 turn armature. same specs as my pn so4 but there is a noticable difference in the chassis!

i installed it in my chassis with an 8t pinion and it clocks 37kph on my tamiya checker! with my so4 i had to use a 9t pinion to get that speed.
and it'll run cool, first thing i noticed once installed was the amount of air it threw off, the ventilated can really does a great job.

i'm yet to try it on the track yet but i'm expecting it to be a handful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i used to be cool
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Re: atomic chili evolution motor

Post by Sporttracguy »

I put a chili on my awd z and I must say, I was impressed. Ran pretty cool and out performed every other motor I've tried. I did have to fabricate a skid plate though, the sticker didn't last long and although the cooling holes are nice, I do drive outside and bits of magnetic material seem to find their way into the worst spots.

Stg
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Where'd you get that blue diff gear at?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

payaso wrote:Where'd you get that blue diff gear at?
it's an old 3racing diff, always had blue gears. only prob is i haven't found anywhere that has replacements these days.
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Looks like the Kyosho diff. I too could use a new gear, but I can't find any replacements for it and that blue is killer.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein