These batteries are the shiznit for XMODS/Mini Z

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
hue35
bitPimp

These batteries are the shiznit for XMODS/Mini Z

Post by hue35 »

The only thing that bummed me out the first evening of running our new XMODS cars was the Radio Shack rechargeable battery setup. 2-hour charge time and a 30 minute run time. Bad ratio.

Well, last night I went out on a quest for better batteries and picked up the new Rayovac I-C3 setup. 800mA AAA charge in 15 minutes and out perform the 700mA RS batteries. The car seems faster and the run time is a bit longer. The charger fits up to 4 AAA's and they charge in 15 MINUTES!

Also, they don't get hot. I noticed the RS batteries were hot/warm off the charger as well as after a 30 min run. The I-C3 batteries are cool after a 15 min charge and after a 30 min run.

The 4-position charger is $40 and a 4-pack of AAA's was $10. Not cheap, but already a way better value than others I looked at when you factor in the WAY shorter charge time and increased performance.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

Well, I've run through a set of throw away batteries on my X-mod already.

I don't actually like AAA bats..no duration.

Why I ran out is......I left the switch in the ON position all night, as it just sat there.

Just like ANY thing that runs on batteries....it sucks with half a bag.

So I am VERY interested in a solution to this badboy....
$40 beans is too much for a charger...I'll find another solution to that, but the battery you found is the key here.

Thanks.

-nox
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

The I-C3 batteries require the I-C3 charger. Wal Mart online is currently out of stock, but their price is $28 for the same charger... I just didn't want to wait. :) impatience is a virtue... er somethin'.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

hue35 wrote:The I-C3 batteries require the I-C3 charger. Wal Mart online is currently out of stock, but their price is $28 for the same charger... I just didn't want to wait. :) impatience is a virtue... er somethin'.

cool, thanks for the 'MORE INFO.

I got tons of walmarts around here...I'll see what they got.

dude....thanks.
micromatch
bitGangsta'

Post by micromatch »

i ust use regular duracell alklalines
is this thing on?
Micro s2000
bitThug

Post by Micro s2000 »

what differences do you see from the radio shack rechargable nimh?
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Micro s2000 wrote:what differences do you see from the radio shack rechargable nimh?
Well, the biggest, most important difference is 15 min charge time vs. 2 hours for the RS batts. That and they both charge and run cool, as the RS batts get pretty warm doing both. Run time ought to be longer, as each cell has an additional 100mA
Micro s2000
bitThug

Post by Micro s2000 »

if its only charge time thats not a big deal. i charge mine when i notice its not going full speed. it charges fast and i can race my xmod almost constantly with it. although i have to do other things once in a while so i cant do that much
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Micro s2000 wrote:i charge mine when i notice its not going full speed. it charges fast and i can race my xmod almost constantly with it.
Almost constantly? I doubt that, unless you have at least four sets of batteries... eventually you'll have to wait for the batteries to charge. 2-hour charge and 30-minute run time... even with two sets of batteries you'll run out of juice in an hour and wait another hour for the first set to recharge. Personally, the charge time was almost a deal breaker for me... getting the run time longer than the charge time changes everything.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

:???: I got the charger and batteries from RS and get a charge time of about 40minutes and run time of about an hour full on. Maybe you're rs bats haven't broken in yet or you got a bum charger. The first charge I let them sit in there for about two hours and they got real freakin hot.
I'm definatly interested in the bats you got, also there are some 3a nimh 800mah gp bats for sale up at the mini z track, gonna pick them up tomorrow and see whats up.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

You get an hour outta one set of batteries? Whoa, I suspected there was something wrong with mine, but nothing that drastic. Mine took a full 2 hours to charge and ran for almost 30 minutes... I already made the switch but maybe I should have tried an exchange first... oh well, I like the new ones. Though, the new charger is huge compared to the little XMODS charger. :sad:

...but 15 minutes. :grin:

This give and take shit wears me down.
Micro s2000
bitThug

Post by Micro s2000 »

yeah it runs for a long ass time and charges quick too!
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

So, I went to RS yesterday...

They had a 4pack of AAA 700mA. for $19.99.

Then I saw on the X-Mod display for a X-Mod charger for $24.99.

and I kept saying to myself, Do I want another charger for $5.
(figuring the 4 Batts were $19.99 and the charge for $5).

BUT then I realized the X-Mod charger for $24.99 had 8 batts, not just 4.
So, for $25 beans, I got 8 AAA (700mA) and a quick charger (15 mins).

the down fall is, Hue is talking about 800mA batts (100 more). but for more $$$ also.

I charged up the 700mA and ran them in the Xmod.....sweet....much better than alkalines.
not sure how much the 100mA batts would make.

-nox
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

OK nox, now I'm really confused... you got a 15 minute charger from RS? What'd I miss on these things? I swear, somewhere I read that the charge time on the XMODS 3a charger setup was 2 hours, and that's what it took mine to charge.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

hue35 wrote:OK nox, now I'm really confused... you got a 15 minute charger from RS? What'd I miss on these things? I swear, somewhere I read that the charge time on the XMODS 3a charger setup was 2 hours, and that's what it took mine to charge.
They sold you the "Rare" one :???:
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker