Dave's new iWaver 04

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote:Rock on Dave... That little thing kicks ass man. How does it do off road being 2WD? I want one. How is it driving in the house?
It does pretty good offroad. The major disadvantage of it being 2wd is when you approach and object larger than the cnter of the tire, it'll get stopped dead, instead of trying to climb it, like a 4wd car would. Also when on uneven sufaces, one wheel might become lifted, and cause the diff to uload, sticking it in place, but it came with a little diff locking doodad for just that problem. You just got to take the wheel off to pt it on.

It great for romping around the house. In fact, I've been too much of a pussy to take outside and get it dirty, been having too much fun indoors.

It turns in about a 2.5 ft. radius. I swear it turns tighter than my Zip Zap MT. :lol:

Other than the shock tower, and some body cheapness, I'd reccomend it. The Tx is worth the price of admission on it's own. The body has caused another issue with me. I like it's lightweight aspect, and I went to mount a model body, and it just bugged me how much it weighed. Now I'm looking for a 1/24th or 1/25th scale lexan body, but it's hard to find one.

How heavy are Overland bodies? Say compared to a model car body.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

umm about a little more... take all the body kit stuff of an xmod and thats how much it weighs
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:How heavy are Overland bodies? Say compared to a model car body.

they are model bodies. At least that's what the site says. My X5 says it's the glossy one that Kyosho uses for thaeir staic model of the X5.. Weird.

I think my LHS has a shit ton of lexan 1/25. I'll check for ya.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i think rcmart have 1:24 lexan bodies in the mini x section. but they only had ugly ones last i looked, pt cruiser.
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks betty. :-)

They had the PT, what looked like a Supra (Type -R), and a Beetle. I thought a monster Beetle might be fun, and for $2.90, I figured what the hell, but when I went back later, their website was broke, and didn't come back for the rest of the day.

So I got impatient and discovered TinyRC has them for $4, bonus for me, because the shipping is probably a lot cheaper. It's on the way. 8-)

Hey Payaso, still check out what your LHS has. I'd like to score a truck if they got 'em.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

ill check hobby town for ya ;)

edit; 69th post!