Is an OL really worth it?

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Is an OL really worth it?

Post by viperdout »

I'm considering one right now, and the thing that's held me back for a long time is the fact that it has 2WD which really bothers me. My question is, does it handle and act the way a proper offroader would, and will it get stuck a lot?
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

well i have heard, within a few month's toyeasy is sopposed to have a 4wd overland. But that could be a rumor, but its a good sourse.
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

Yeah, ive heard that to. Its been posted.. I just purchased a Madforce and will be expecting it in a week or two, i cant wait!
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

stagg wrote:well i have heard, within a few month's toyeasy is sopposed to have a 4wd overland. But that could be a rumor, but its a good sourse.
If so, I'm buying that!
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

I second that, it would be one mean crawling machine :eek:
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

No, actually someone from TE said the IW03 will be a new breed of race machine, an evolution of the 02. The not talked about IW05 will be an evolution of the 04 with indupendent front suspension.
There's no replacement for displacment.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

i heard the 03 is like the MR015, or what ever it is, and the 05 is a 4wd overland with indepentdent suspertion.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

stagg wrote:i heard the 03 is like the MR015, or what ever it is, and the 05 is a 4wd overland with indepentdent suspertion.
Well since Overlands are $85 at Tower Hobbies, and I got a $10 off coupon, I was thinking about getting an Overland. That's about what my 04 came to shipped... but... this independent suspension thing has got my interest. I might have to hold out for that.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"