Thanks alot Betty... You suck

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Thanks alot Betty... You suck

Post by crazydave »

Betty jinxed me when he said:
soon you'll be complaining about how you broke the front shock mount
Now I have these:

Notice the difference? Yup, alloy shock towers. That was April 2nd, today is the 9th. How long did it take me to wreck that there rear shock tower? You do the math. :lol:

Thanks Betty... you suck. :-)

The front one that I had superglued and braced had held up fine. When the rear one broke also, I superglued it and braced it. I'm sure it would have held out for a while too, but I decided at that moment that I would not have my whole car held together with superglue. :lol:

I ordered these from mini-zracer.com. All they had for the monster was green, so I took a risk, and opted for Overland parts. Worked out great, they fit perfectly, and as an added bonus they also have 2 upper shock mounting positions.

The rear ones come in 3 sizes, you want the short one for the Pajero. GPM part #s MOL1030 (rear) and MOL1028 (front).
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

Uh oh.. SG is gunna be pissed u didnt get the green! But anyways, i picked up some of the last shock mounts :-) Had to order some black ones for mine!
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

backdrift wrote:Uh oh.. SG is gunna be pissed u didnt get the green!
Actually, I'm pretty sure he'll be happy that dave left them for him... even though he doesn't have a MZM/04... YET... I stress yet, because last time we hung out, we ran "offroad"(lol area rug moguls) in my living room, and he had his OL and I had my 04, and he was all diggin' the 04...

@oh yeah dave... you coulda just got the green ones and de-ano'ed them with easy-off and then polished them :-)

EDIT... PS dave, those are dope... how much did the set run you? I should probly just go look on MZR my dammy, huh?
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

Ha, so he will be joining the fun to :-D
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bird wrote:
@oh yeah dave... you coulda just got the green ones and de-ano'ed them with easy-off and then polished them :-)
Yeah, considered that, but ya know anodizing isn't just pretty, it provides protection. You'll need to keep polishing that polished stuff over the years, because it will tarnish and get dull looking. So I'd prefer to avoid that route.

Besides, I wanted Silver, so if it came down to it later, I could always take the color off the newer parts, to match, but I think I could get away with one more color of alloy parts. Some Blue would set the Silver off nice,
PS dave, those are dope... how much did the set run you? I should probably just go look on MZR my dammy, huh?
Don't remember exact prices, but it was about $28 after shipping.
crazydave's Gallery
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I want one SOOOOOOOOOO bad!!!

Ripper has to be tired of me asking when he's getting them in.......... :lol:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

now you're gonna be complaining about how you broke the servo case :smile: oh and you're due for a new knuckle in about 1 - 2 weeks! aw nuts, choppers :lol:

i never owned a mf but i was there when ph2t broke most of his so i've got a fair idea about what to pre purchase if i ever do.
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k wrote:now you're gonna be complaining about how you broke the servo case :smile: oh and you're due for a new knuckle in about 1 - 2 weeks! aw nuts, choppers :lol:
Might as well go ahead and get a new clip thingy for my motor while I'm at it. I keep knocking that thing off everytime I land on it, and I know that aint gonna last. :-D
i never owned a mf but i was there when ph2t broke most of his so i've got a fair idea about what to pre purchase if i ever do.
Oh hell, I wish I could prepurchase all the goodies, but I'm broke, you know how it is. So I'm gonna try to do my best to stay one step ahead of it. ;)
crazydave's Gallery
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

don't bother with a motor clip, use a zip tie :-)
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k wrote:don't bother with a motor clip, use a zip tie :-)
... but that's not shiny. :-?
crazydave's Gallery
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

Did it in teh magical ferrie dust..
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

dave, it's not gonna stop mate I'm sorry to say. You might as well go out now and invest in an alloy front gear box. 'Cause what's gonna happen next is that you're gonna break the front shock rod pillow ball mounts. Since once side is now alloy, the plastic mounts are gonna break....

:(

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

... but does this breaking process ever slow down? :???:

It's cool though, I expected this.
crazydave's Gallery
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

if you are able to put some flex in your chassis you can do it.

I suffered a lot from the frontend breaking and in the end I used a half overland alloy front servocase / original black plastic madforce servocase combo and my problems stopped, in that area anyway....

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.