Dusted off the overland tonight, Forgot how much fun it was

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Dusted off the overland tonight, Forgot how much fun it was

Post by Sporttracguy »

Well just what it says, i pulled the overland off the shelf and made some serious jumps in my living room and down the hall of my apartment,, great fun. This OL has an xspeed motor, alloy rear motor casing and of course a custom sport trac body that needs a new paint job, Im in the process of re lifting it,, lifted it once but broke the mounts so im re doing it with stronger material,, anyways , just felt like getting that out, back to the jumps for me

Sporttracguy
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Clearly you haven't made enough jumps, your side mirror hasn't broken off yet. :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

ha ha,, origionaly it was a humvee and the mirrors were gone in 5 minutes. This is a solid plastic model i picked off another R/C car and the mirrors are extreamly solid and part of the entire mold that the car was made from. All the gree paint is gone from them if that makes any difference lol
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Sporttracguy wrote:ha ha,, origionaly it was a humvee and the mirrors were gone in 5 minutes. This is a solid plastic model i picked off another R/C car and the mirrors are extreamly solid and part of the entire mold that the car was made from. All the gree paint is gone from them if that makes any difference lol

What'd ya do with the Hummer body? Those are killer bodies, and I want one.

You should get some GPM alloy shocks for it, they be nice and smoove.

Both mirrors are gone on my X5, but it's faster now....lol

I love drivin my OL

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I dig Overlands. I kinda want to convert my Iwaver 04 into more of an Overland, with some of those swamper tires... :???:

I put a GPM Overland shock tower in there, so I'm already on the way to making it an Overland. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Yeah, im thinking about upgrading the shocks but first i think ill need some alloy knuckles and alloy upper shock mounts. Ive only broken the rear shock mounts (so i had to buy the whole rear alloy motor mount casing (pricy but burly and well worth the money) I have a feeling those shock mounts and knuckles are going to be the next to break on me. I love this thing, by far the best RC car i have.

The humvee body is sitting on my desk, its missing the tailgate, both mirrors, the windshield wipers and the inner mounts to mount it on the chassis. Other than that its in pretty good shape. Youre right, they are bad ass bodies. If you are interested in this hacked up one im sure we could make a trade or something

STG
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

payso, where did you get your ol???? I want one really bad!!!!!!!!
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

skylinekid, there are tons of places to get them, Ebay, tower hobbies, rcmart.,... just do a froogle search online for overland and you should find lots of places. They run anywhere from $70-$120 depending on where you get it and what model you want

STG
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

I know about all the internet sites and i even found a brand new H2 for $50 shipped but my mom wont let me use her card or cheak, or even make a pay pal account!!!!!!!!! She will let me use a money order and if im VERY luck a cheak!!!!!!!
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Ah, i see,, i keep forgetting we have some younger members. Hmm,, Well i suppose you could try a local hoby shop, im sure they could order you one
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

skylinekid wrote:payso, where did you get your ol???? I want one really bad!!!!!!!!

I got my OL from the one and only pimpike :-)

He saw a fellow pimp down on his luck, and flat out hooked a brotha up..

FREEBIE, ZIP, ZILCH, NADA

I've been lovin it more than a year now. :-)

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Hummm, I was at a local hobbie shop a week ago and no mini z stuff what so ever anywhere near my place, sigh. If anyone ever wants to sell theres ill happilly take it!!!!!!!!!
Bit boy
bitGangsta'

Post by Bit boy »

cool OL. I think it needs an NSSM or LSSM and some swampers
I'm samrt
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Skyline, wheres this place that sells them for $50.00? Want to hook it up? Thanks :cool:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

I recently just baught one ( 2 days ago ) and it hard out rocks !!
Its one of the best rc's buy far as sprottracguy says .
Its an x5 ( the mirros also broke off ) .

I have done the NSSM ( no screw shock mod ) and its going to be a crawler. I have ordered some gpm wheels and softest tires.Wont be for a few weeks now though because i ordered from my LHS and he ships stuff in from japan direct.

I saw some of your overland on mini-zracer sporttracguy
Do you still post there ?? its a nice place.

man i love overlands :cool:

EDIT : 100th post !!! woot !!
We don't need no god damn roads!