Iwaver mentioned in RC Driver

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Iwaver mentioned in RC Driver

Post by crazydave »

RC Driver had this little thing on the Iwavers in the recent August issue.

Looks like they're gonna be getting some exposure.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

It because of Hobbico being there distrabutor..
cj
Ex-Shack ZipPimp

Post by cj »

mod_o_matic wrote:It because of Hobbico being there distrabutor..
:o
If Hobbico is going to distribute them then look out for higher hobby shop prices from them. Hobbico/Great Planes will only deal with brick and mortar( Real world) hobby shops and only if they buy a couple a thousand dollars a week in inventory.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

cj wrote:
mod_o_matic wrote:It because of Hobbico being there distrabutor..
:o
If Hobbico is going to distribute them then look out for higher hobby shop prices from them. Hobbico/Great Planes will only deal with brick and mortar( Real world) hobby shops and only if they buy a couple a thousand dollars a week in inventory.
Thank you for pointing that out, CJ. I completely and totally, wholeheartedly agree. I have noticed the conspiracy with Hobbico/Duratrax/other Tower Hobbies related brands, and jacked up prices in the local shops, and I mean really jacked up prices. Like twice the Tower price which is often higher than other mail order houses. Figure Toyest was selling these for $35, now Towers gonna charge $80+9 shipping. It's understanderable that MZR, or Ripper7 has to charge $70 to cover their shipping cost from china, because they're ordering in much smaller #s, but I'd be willing to bet Hobbico is ready to move more of these than Toyeast ever did. They could afford to sell these at a much lower price point.

Well that turned into a bit of a rant. Oops, sorry about that. :lol:
... but he more I think about it, the more I think I might just get my 02 now, instead of waiting for the new version. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Well guys, these arn't the normal Iwavers. These are the new ones, with the sepret servo, and such. It also has a fiberglass chassis. I mean 100 bucks for an IW-02 is still like 50 bucks cheaper then the Kyosho, plus these are sopposed to have Way better electronics. And stronger Steering.
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Keep this under your hats, but R/C Driver will have tests of the new iWavers soon.
There's no replacement for displacment.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

Mazda787b wrote:Keep this under your hats, but R/C Driver will have tests of the new iWavers soon.
we'll have em sooner! :lol:
i used to be cool
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

I'm not so sure about that. :-o
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Mazda787b wrote:I'm not so sure about that. :-o
I am. :cool:
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Well I'm not giving any names, but they had some for testing since RCX. I think preliminary reviews of the iWaver line shoudl be in the next issue.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

The new issue won't arrive at my house until sometime around Aug. 12th. I just got the newest one 2 days ago.

As much as I like to, I don't believe what most RC mags print as reveiws. Especially with these Iwavers. The people that will be testing them are NitroHeads and Off-roaders in large scales. They aren't down with the smaller stuff.

The only time some of these people at mags touch things that small is when they go to the mens room.

I'm sure it will only be a page or maybe two. They haven't covered anything yet that small and in-depth. I highly doubt they will start now.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I trust reveiws from people that own them, drive them, maintain them, and have fun with their specific ride or rides. Not someone who drives it in "The office" for a couple of battery charges.
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

What was on the cover of the last issue you recieved?

Actually, the one guy at R/C Driver named Steve Treibing (sp?) is very big into the micro and mini scene.

Trust me, R/C driver isn't like RCCA where the best reviews go to who spends more in advertising dollars. I have a good relationship with one of the founding members of R/C Driver. I would love to give you guy some more info, but alot of the stuff I know, is off the record.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Mazda787b wrote:What was on the cover of the last issue you recieved?

Actually, the one guy at R/C Driver named Steve Treibing (sp?) is very big into the micro and mini scene.

Trust me, R/C driver isn't like RCCA where the best reviews go to who spends more in advertising dollars. I have a good relationship with one of the founding members of R/C Driver. I would love to give you guy some more info, but alot of the stuff I know, is off the record.
That maybe so, but I still will only take to heart a reveiw done by a close forum member. :-o

Let me look....

20+ Tech gadgets and a Mugen MTX-3 Prospec is on the cover. It's the September issue.

I used to talk to David Baker from time to time about some things, but I sorta got a little out touch with him. I should get ahold of him again, haven't spoke with him in awhile. (He's from the Pittsburgh area originally.)
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Hmm, I am surprised there aren't any iWavers in the current issue. Maybe Betty.k will be right?

I may start doing some product spotlight blurbs for R/C Driver, a few details need to be hammered out.

David Baker is a really cool guy. A few emails have gone between myself and Greg Vogel, as well as alot of AIM convos with Bob Hastings.