POT question...

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
mod_o_matic
bitThug

POT question...

Post by mod_o_matic »

No, not that pot :cool:

Well, i got an IW-02 and love it so far! I just opened up the electronics compartment to change the super thin wires (thanks ph2t!)...

AND, how may wires are supposed to be hooked up the the steering pot? I got TWO wires only..i swear there should be three..or is that only on crappy xmods tongue.gif?

Next, is it true that if i want to get a Kyoso steering pot i need new gears as the head of it are diffrent?

Thanks for the information people!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

The two wires is correct. As I recall, there is also a solder connection between 2 of the contacts on that steering pot.

Can't answer the iWaver/Kyosho difference, only have Kyosho.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

he's right. :fool:
i waver and kyosho servos have only 2 wires running to the pot.
i used to be cool
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

Ok, thanks guys!

Now, anyone know where i can get a Kyosos servo POT for a good price? And is it true the iWaver servo pot has a diffrent end then the Kyosos one? (meaning if i want to change the servo pot i need new servo gears..?)
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

:-D I know the difference between a potentiometer that comes in a Kyosho MR-02 and one in a Iwaver 02. I even know all about he servo gears.

:drinkin: Woops I seem to have left the info out.
:???: Lets see the IW-02 potentiometer has a slightly inset shaft, so the #1 gear needs to have a slightly longer female axle shaft to mate correctly with it. The IW-01, MR-01, MR-15, MR-02, MAD Force, and even Epochs all use the same potentiometer (can’t remember what the IW-04 has). So with an IW-02 pot you need an IW-02 gear. By the way since the IW-02 #1 gear has a longer female axle shaft it is can be just what the doctor ordered for any car with a loose potentiometer, especially a IW-01.
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

LBRC wrote::-D I know the difference between a potentiometer that comes in a Kyosho MR-02 and one in a Iwaver 02. I even know all about he servo gears.

:drinkin: Woops I seem to have left the info out.
:???: Lets see the IW-02 potentiometer has a slightly inset shaft, so the #1 gear needs to have a slightly longer female axle shaft to mate correctly with it. The IW-01, MR-01, MR-15, MR-02, MAD Force, and even Epochs all use the same potentiometer (can’t remember what the IW-04 has). So with an IW-02 pot you need an IW-02 gear. By the way since the IW-02 #1 gear has a longer female axle shaft it is can be just what the doctor ordered for any car with a loose potentiometer, especially a IW-01.
Ok..so where can i get a Kyoso steering pot or similar?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i used to be cool
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

RCMart follow BK’s link, if you don’t want those you might try eBay, MZR, Old Z or IW-01, a little I-net surfing, etc.

“steering position sensor” does seem to roll a little sweeter of the tong, I wonder if it actually makes you feel any better when you realize you’ve just spent $7.95 each for two variable resistors + shipping .
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

Is there anywhere eles? I haven't ever order from there and so for a small thing i rather not. I don't need it ASAP but when i put the new servo saver in and FET stack etc i want to do this little upgrade as it should go a long way..!