I-Waver 04 Monster Truck vs. Mini-Z Monster Truck

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal on the MZM. I'd be happy if I was you.

Yeah, that RC18 Factory Team version is just a rolling chassis. Cost you quite a bit more to get it going. The Mini-T is also available in a "Pro" version, but I've seen the RTR version going for as low as $100-110. The RC18s I believe run about $140 for the RTRs. I suppose it's probably worth the extra for 4wd.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

*Digging up old post*

I've heard that the iW 04 glitches alot, and sometimes suddenly spazzes. Is this true?
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Trust me, the 18th scale is far more fun. I've spent about 400 on my Zilla and am doing probably 55 or so. BTW, that 400 includes the rtr package. I actually recently sold my 18T. It was nice handling-wise and all, but the zilla's a bit better for a basher. I also didn't like its high-speed stability. Mine had trinity street meats and the handling got really shitty when the speed went up due to tire expansion.

Overall, 1:18 has been far more fun than 1:28. 1:64 is still fun for its price to fun ratio, but 1:18 is just great for going outside, driving it, then just driving it around a little in your room.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Thanx for the reply, I was fairly sold on the zilla when i saw it a couple days ago. It's amazing, I remember all these things coming out, but just passed them off. I was really into bits. Now my pocket's expanded and my need for speed grew :grin: . I only just fot a MRS4 in august, so I got alot of catching up to do. :-)

1:10 scale is too big and too expensive for me, eventhough I has a 2nd hand one for a while.

oops, off-topic ramble. I'll shut up now :lol:

Maxx