mini-Z monster servo twitch

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

mini-Z monster servo twitch

Post by pimpsmurf »

I got my Mini-Z Monster today and I really like it. It is hella nice. Needs about $200 in GPM, (definately needs oil shocks), but I'm working on it! :)

With lithium ions and a PN03 Modified Racing Motor (3x2 FET stack currently. Spider Board en route), the steering twitches a little bit. This is normal on Xmods, and I'm assuming that is the story here too (first Kyosho board I've owned.) A 5v regulator to the board should fix this, right? That is, when I get my Spider FET Board in. Is that twitching normal? Kinda bugs me because my xmod doesn't twitch that much.

I'm really amazed at this MZM. I can't wait to drop a plasmatomic or Uber dash in! I've got GPM Street Treads w/ foam inserts, gpm motor heatsink, a Minizworkshop Arm #2 for a Xtra Speed BB Can on the way. I'm going to wind a 26 gauge 36-45 times (I don't know yet) and hopefully get some wicked torque. I might have like 20k feet of 25awd silver motor wire coming too. If so, free motor wire for pimps!

-JNY
mod_o_matic
bitThug

Post by mod_o_matic »

30-35 turns of 26 gauge is IMPOSSIBLE! Why? Just wont fit. I belive the max for 28 guage is like 25 turns...

If you want to mod it, get a 180 motor and there you go, LOTSA tourque!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

dude, if you got an s03 then any motor you try to wind will be a big let down. the s03 is like the big block chev of the pn world! :-o

the twitching is caused by the extra voltage. a regulator to the pcb will fix it or a resistor on the servo motor. not sure on what value but it's commonly done on xmods with lithium cells added so search those posts. xmod, mini z and iwaver servos are all electronically the same (value wise that is)
i used to be cool
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

I feel like it is a little slower than it could be. I think the plasmatomic will be faster (I won the replacement for the arm on ebay! woot!) I know that the X2LSPE is faster. I'm hoping the Uberdash is worth playing with.

I say slower, but I just went to walmart to get some 5 minute epoxy to glue the little ball screw back into the rear arm. It was the first thing to go in an extreme roll. :-(

I should have bought a rc18t, but 450 bucks to get into that is a little steap. (rc18t + factory team upgrade kit + mamba & ESC + 1.5A 2-3s lipo (and a 3cell capable charger if I went 3 cell.)

I'm probably going to get one anyway, but I want to play with this for a few months first. It is really fun. (and SUPER small!)

Then I'll either get an rc18t or a losi. For some reason I had it in my head that the MZM was 4wd. I don't know where I got that from, but now I'm kinda liking it. I'm thinking about the losi mini-t just because it is RWD (and upgrades seem to be cheaper for the most part).

This isn't going to be a $1000 RC car though. I definately need an alloy drivetrain, oil shocks, mamba setup (the one for 2 cell lipo power probably) and a baja buggy body to make crazydave drool. :cool:

Still, I really like the MZM. It handles really well. I can't wait to get these road tires in. It is fast, and the motor I have right now has rediculous torque. Way fun. It doesn't handle grass as well as I thought it would, but as soon as I get some LEDs picked out (a little help here anyone? how many MCDs will I need for night-time lighting?), I'm going to take it out of the golf course behind my house at night. It should be nice out there.

Sorry about this post. I have ADD and didn't take my medicine today. :?
-JNY