replacement part for MZM

General discussions, tutorials, help, upgrades, and new info about the Mini-Z / I-Waver line of RCs goes here.
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

replacement part for MZM

Post by pimpsmurf »

I was scouring rcmart.com to find a replacement part.

I can't find an alloy part anywhere, and I'm not sure if this plastic part is what I need to replace. The part that is broken is the threading that the lower suspension arm goes in. Picture shows the arm pushed up and the screw all screwed up.

Is this a replacement?
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/images/kyo_mm07.jpg

This is what is broken

Thanks!
-JNY
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

Some 5 minute epoxy seems to have done the trick. I got my GPM radial treaded road tires in (with the soft inserts), and the motor heatsink today. The motor heatsink really made a difference. The wheels work well with the diff lock out to let me slide instead of roll. Think I might try some of Ph2t's ride mods on ausmicro.com.

I just couldn't wait for a replacement. I'm probably going to go all alloy now that I've found a single site with everything.

*EDIT* For completeness, the alloy rear gearbox, and the plastic part are replacements for the part I broke. I'm amazed that more people havn't broken that. Anyway. $325 for full alloy on a MZM. Should be here shortly! (blue and yellow scheme to match my body! Easy Off is the devil! *EDIT*

-JNY